SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WIRED HEADSET NO LONGER RECOGNISED. WHY? WHAT IS BEST SOLUTION?

2 posters

Go down

WIRED HEADSET NO LONGER RECOGNISED. WHY? WHAT IS BEST SOLUTION? Empty WIRED HEADSET NO LONGER RECOGNISED. WHY? WHAT IS BEST SOLUTION?

Post by feiz.najmi@gmail.com Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:04 pm

My wired headset is no longer recognised by my htc ONE and it has happened overnight. But I had two equally probable situations that could have caused it. I upgraded my android & htc sense as requested yesterday evening. Also I paired my Beats Wireless Headphones for the first time this morning. Since then it is not even recognised by phone. Has anyone else experienced this problem especially lately?? Any idea which is the reason behind this annoyance?? Or is something new again???
I thus have found Soundabout and use it to set manually both Media and Phone sources to Wired Headset (with Mic) This can be nearly as irritating as the original problem as I switch Btw my phone, wired and Bluetooth headset numerous times in the day and have this already causing problems such as missed calls, people on the phone can't hear me or there is no music because I was using the wrong source.
So first I gotta ask because I am not at all Tech Savy, is there a work around that anyone can guide me with i.e. a permanent mix of settings on Soundabout that allow you to not constantly change.
Falling short of this what is the best way to manage? Bear in mind I am much more attached to getting the Bluetooth & wired headset mix right as I switch between music (Bluetooth) and Language Lessons (wired) constantly. Please a urgent cry for help.

feiz.najmi@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

WIRED HEADSET NO LONGER RECOGNISED. WHY? WHAT IS BEST SOLUTION? Empty Re: WIRED HEADSET NO LONGER RECOGNISED. WHY? WHAT IS BEST SOLUTION?

Post by SoundAbout Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:28 am

I can't tell for sure, but it sounds like the update could have not installed cleanly.  If that is the case, you might have to take it to the cell service provider (or store you bought it) and see if they will do a factory reset.  You will have to set everything back up.

If you don't want to try that right now, see if the latest Beta version for SoundAbout works better.  Follow these instructions to clear out the settings cache and install the latest Beta version.  Try using the default settings to see if it automatically detects your wired headset and your wireless Beats headphones.

1) Go into phone settings.
2) Find Manage Apps.
3) Scroll down to SoundAbout and click it.
4) Clear cache, clear data, force stop, uninstall.
5) Install the Beta version and restart the phone.

Beta List is here:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions

If there is an issue with the phone "thinking" there is a headset plugged in, when it is not, then you may want to go into SoundAbout "Wired Headset behavior" section, uncheck the "Wired Headset detection" setting and restart the phone.

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down