SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Special Car Phone Voice Prompt Request

2 posters

Go down

Special Car Phone Voice Prompt Request Empty Special Car Phone Voice Prompt Request

Post by Tobee Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:57 pm

Hey!

SoundAbout helped me with an issue that was bothering me for years!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/help/bluetooth-voice-command-prompts-loud-t2589706/post48931302#post48931302

When I set Media Audio to Bluetooth Mono Dynamic, I can hear the Voice Prompts of my voice command app via the car speakers (it stutters sometimes but that doesn't bother me that much).

Also, when a call has established, I can hear the callers voice via the car speakers. SoundAbout isn't necessary for making calls, this works fine without it. It's needed for just the voice prompts of the phone when using a voice dialing app.

But there is one thing that doesn't work yet, and this is using SoundAbout for pushing the phone's voice prompts to the Pioneer Bluetooth box and playing music without altering any of the App's settings (automatically):

-The Pioneer AVHP5000DVD deck has two sources for Bluetooth, one is called PHONE, the other one is called BT AUDIO.

-The voice prompts of the phone work in the PHONE source if I set SoundAbout to Bluetooth Mono Dynamic

-If I do that, I can stream the Media to BT AUDIO only in bad quality of course. If I want to stream Media in good quality, I have to set SoundAbout to Bluetooth A2DP or Let App Decide and activate A2DP auto usage in the Media Audio Behavior. But then the voice prompts in PHONE don't work anymore!

-So it's either voice prompts or Media streaming. Both together doesn't work automatically, I have to fiddel around in the SoundAbout settings to get one of both activated.

Now here is what I am thinking. How about implementing a function to SoundAbout to make SoundAbout detect if a Voice prompts software like Dragon, Google or Cyberon has been activated and then set the Media Audio to Bluetooth Mono Dynamic? The voice prompts software on my phone can be activated via a soft button on my Pioneer headunit.

After the activation of the voice prompt software has been detected, could it be done to let run down a timer for let's say 1-2 minutes to give you time to tell the phone who it should call and after the timer is finished set back the SoundAbout Media Audio to Bluetooth A2DP to make Audio streaming possible?

Because I think there is no way to tell the App how to differ between both of the Bluetooth sources of the Pioneer head unit.

Tobee

Back to top Go down

Special Car Phone Voice Prompt Request Empty Re: Special Car Phone Voice Prompt Request

Post by Tobee Fri May 02, 2014 12:38 pm

Is this or a similar solution possible?

When I want to use the voice dial function of my Pioneer deck I have to set Bluetooth Audio to Mono Dynamic and when I want to use the Media streaming function of my Pioneer deck I have to set Bluetooth Audio to A2DP.....both manually.

Just picking up a cell phone while driving (I don't even have to use it in any way) is illegal where I live.

Tobee

Back to top Go down

Special Car Phone Voice Prompt Request Empty Re: Special Car Phone Voice Prompt Request

Post by SoundAbout Sat May 03, 2014 1:46 pm

I am in the middle of creating a new widget that you press that opens a quick activity that will detect if Bluetooth is connected and use it. The activity will then open and app/Activity that you choose from within the SoundAbout settings. This means you press the widget, it opens a temporary activity for a second that will detect if Bluetooth (mono) is connected and make the switch. It will then open the App that you chose in SoundAbout (Google Now, Cyberion..etc). This means you can use the connected Bluetooth microphone (car visor..etc) to say the voice command, and the result will play though the car speakers. It will then wait X number of seconds (another setting), to allow pressing a button in Google Now, or what ever app in case it didn't understand you. After X number of seconds, it will then disconnect and allow the car radio to go back to normal. I currently have this working with Google now on my phone. Sometimes Bluetooth is stubborn and won't connect the first time and I'm trying to work that out.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobee Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:42 am

Is there anything new about it?

Tobee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down