SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Use bluetooth audio as output and phone mic as input possible?

2 posters

Go down

Use bluetooth audio as output and phone mic as input possible? Empty Use bluetooth audio as output and phone mic as input possible?

Post by egalitarian Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:41 pm

I have a bluetooth connected to my car audio (Xcarlink) which I use for phone calls and listening to music. It's mic though is not very good and generally when I switch to speakerphone the quality of the sound precieved by the person on the other end is a lot better but that way I can not hear what they are saying.

So is it possible using Soundabout to:
- use the bluetooth device only as a speaker while using the phone mic during phone calls
- use a dock audio speaker (as I can connect my phone usb cable to my car audio) with the phone mic if the first is not an option

My phone is Samsung Galaxy S2.

Thanks

egalitarian

Back to top Go down

Use bluetooth audio as output and phone mic as input possible? Empty Re: Use bluetooth audio as output and phone mic as input possible?

Post by SoundAbout Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:14 pm

1) The Android audio policy manger won't allow splitting the Bluetooth audio output from the Bluetooth microphone during a phone call.

2) This depends if the connection to the dock is using the phone's "Wired headset" connection or the "Analog Dock" connection. If using "Wired headset", the phone call setting could be changed to "Wired headphone". This will allow using the phone microphone while having the audio go through the car speakers. The only issue could be feedback.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Use bluetooth audio as output and phone mic as input possible? Empty Re: Use bluetooth audio as output and phone mic as input possible?

Post by egalitarian Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:26 pm

Thanks, just to be clear - no way using the analog dock, right?

egalitarian

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:29 pm

The Analog dock probably has its own switching internally. Does this dock have a speaker built-in? If not, I would think that dock would just use the phone built-in speaker. It may not if they had issues with feedback during their testing.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by egalitarian Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:38 pm

Actually it's just a charger dock which I planned to open and connect to my car stereo aux in using the resistor trick which just tells the phone that there's a dock connected. But my problem currently is that I don't know how will the phone mic behave (if it'll be still on).

egalitarian

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:22 pm

If the double male 3.5mm cable is going from the phone's headset jack to the car's aux jack, then audio will be sent as "wired headphones" instead of "wired headset (with mic)". This should result in the phone's microphone still being active.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by egalitarian Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:11 am

Thanks

egalitarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down