SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alert audio just to device speaker

3 posters

Go down

Alert audio just to device speaker Empty Alert audio just to device speaker

Post by whitmer Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:38 pm

I have a BigJambox that my wife and I both connect to. When one of us is playing music everything is great unless the other one is also connected to the speaker and gets a notification on their phone. Then it plays the notification and stops the music, and to resume we have to reset the bluetooth connection. Super annoying, but it appears to be a known bug with the BigJambox.

With your app I can silence notifications so they don't play on the speaker and mess everything up, which is super awesome. I just have to set the notifications to vibrate-only. It would be even awesomer if there were a setting to have the audio play on the phone's speaker only (the options right now are device preference, a2dp only, vibrate or silence I believe), rather than just vibrate. I've seen another app with basically the same limitation, and it makes me wonder if that's just an Android constraint.

Thanks!
-Brian

whitmer

Back to top Go down

Alert audio just to device speaker Empty Re: Alert audio just to device speaker

Post by RS22 Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:47 pm

I join the request
Im ready to make some donation for this feature, and buy the app in the google play of course

RS22

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:12 am

The notifications will play out of the current open audio channel. Since that channel is Bluetooth A2DP, that is where the notification wants to go.

Android will also keep the phone speaker channel open (on most phones) so that the notification will play from both outputs.

I have to block the speaker so that the notification plays out of the Bluetooth device only.

To get the notification to play out of the phone speaker only, I would have to block the Bluetooth channel, which would shut off your Bluetooth speaker (defeats the purpose).

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down