SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mic doesn't work on calls when using WiFi calling network

Go down

Mic doesn't work on calls when using WiFi calling network Empty Mic doesn't work on calls when using WiFi calling network

Post by byronbrewer Mon May 11, 2015 11:06 am

I purchased SoundAbout to resolve an annoying issue on Samsung devices (I have a Note 4) where it pauses music to play notifications instead of just playing the notification over slightly muted music.

Prior to upgrading to Lollipop I was able to set SoundAbout Alert behavior>Wired Headset behavior>notifications set to headset only and everything worked perfectly.

With Lollipop when I configure Alert behavior>Wired Headset behavior>notifications set to headset only and I initiate/receive a call using T-Mobile WiFi calling the receiving party can't hear me (using phone handset to talk, no headphones plugged in). If I plug in a headset with a mic the person on the other end can hear me if I talk into the headset mic. Not sure why it matters if I'm using WiFi calling but each time I test that scenario I can reproduce the issue.

Disabling WiFi calling (so that the call goes out over the cellular network) and calling the person back always works.

Disabling SoundAbout and making the call over WiFi also works.

Setting Alert behavior>Wired Headset behavior>notifications set to Current Phone setting resolves the issue.

Any ideas?

Last edited by byronbrewer on Sat May 16, 2015 11:41 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added additional findings)

byronbrewer

Back to top Go down