SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Text to speech confuses Sound About

2 posters

Go down

Text to speech confuses Sound About Empty Text to speech confuses Sound About

Post by jpschewe Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:24 am

Using version 2.6.5.3.
Android 4.4.2 on Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD
Mono bluetooth headset (Plantontronics Voyager Pro)

While driving I have DoggCatcher playing podcasts through my headset, thanks to SoundAbout. At the same time I'm running Waze for directions. When Waze starts talking the Waze audio comes out of my phone speaker (which keeps me from having delay problems), however after that the podcast comes out of my phone speaker instead of my headset. Turning off the headset and turning it back on causes the podcast to stop stating that another application has requested the audio.

One other piece of possibly related data. After this happened to me, about an hour later I got a phone call. At this point my headset was turned off. The phone call went through the main speaker rather than the one for my ear and I couldn't switch it by using the speaker phone button in my phone app.

Settings:
Media audio: Let App Decide
Phone call audio: Let App Decide
TTS: Google TTS engine Audio output: Let App Decide, Allow during phone call unchecked, allow background audio unchecked
Bluetooth auto enable checked
bluetooh disconnect audio checked
Media audio behavior A2DP and dynamic are checked

jpschewe

Back to top Go down

Text to speech confuses Sound About Empty Re: Text to speech confuses Sound About

Post by jpschewe Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:24 am

At this point I' seriously considering just replacing my headset with one that supports A2DP.

jpschewe

Back to top Go down

Text to speech confuses Sound About Empty Re: Text to speech confuses Sound About

Post by SoundAbout Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:26 pm

It sounds like Waze is forcing the audio to go through the speaker. The podcast probably pauses during the Waze audio. When Waze is finished, it is not putting the audio back.

You could try using SoundAbout TTS instead of Google TTS. I just don't know if Waze will play the audio through the TTS engine. Some directions are pre-recorded and may not need TTS.

I just uploaded a new Beta version.

Can you download it and try it out from here. Restart the phone after installing:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jpschewe Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:55 pm

Using the beta 2.6.5.6 doesn't help. I tried both the default TTS and the SoundAbout TTS. Waze still sends audio through the speaker and then my podcast goes through the speaker as well.

jpschewe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down