SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Note 3: S-Voice won't port to Bluetooth Mono

Go down

Note 3: S-Voice won't port to Bluetooth Mono Empty Note 3: S-Voice won't port to Bluetooth Mono

Post by DLCPhoto Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:57 pm

I am new to SA. Using a stock Verizon Note 3, Android 5.0.

I just bought a new car (2016 Hyundai Sonata). When I connect the phone to the car with USB, I use Android Auto which works quite well.

But I would like to be able to have texts read to me, and be able to respond, when my phone isn't physically connected, only using Bluetooth, and when I'm listening to another audio source besides Bluetooth Audio on the car.

Just installed the trial version of SA, which presumably has the Pro features available for testing (not sure if I need those or not for what I'm doing). I've read the documentation provided on this site, and think I have it set right, but it's not doing what I want:

In the opening screen for SA, I've left everything in default. I then select Text-to-speech behavior:

Android TTS Setting: select SoundAbout TTS.
SoundAbout TTS Engine: select Google TTS engine
Audio output: Bluetooth (mono)

With these settings, I can go to the Android TTS Setting screen, and when I hit "Listen to an example" it works fine: if I'm listening to XM Radio, it switches off, and plays the test sound. I thought I was home free.

In order to have my phone automatically read incoming texts, I have to turn on "Hands-free Mode." When a text comes in, the Samsung "S-Voice" screen comes up, and reads the text, and waits for voice input. But the problem is, this doesn't get ported out to Bluetooth Mono, and so I will only hear it if I change the car mode to Bluetooth Audio. This is precisely the behavior I wish to change.

I've tried switching everything to Google TTS, Samsung TTS engines, and simply cannot get S-Voice audio ported out to my car via Bluetooth Mono.

What am I doing wrong? Is this not going to work unless I buy the full version (which would be fine with me, if it will work as intended)? Since the "Listen to an example" test works fine, I wouldn't think I have to buy it yet, but clearly I don't understand what's going on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I simply need the Hands-free S-Voice app to utilize Bluetooth (mono) so it will be heard on my car's head unit, even if it is tuned to a different mode.

Thank you!

DLCPhoto

Back to top Go down