SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Google Maps, Bluetooth Mono, Android TTS, Android Lollipop - No navigation through bluetooth mono

Go down

Google Maps, Bluetooth Mono, Android TTS, Android Lollipop - No navigation through bluetooth mono Empty Google Maps, Bluetooth Mono, Android TTS, Android Lollipop - No navigation through bluetooth mono

Post by nickoneill Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:28 am

Hi There,

I am wanting my call audio to come out through my cars bluetooth mono system (Parrot), and google maps navigation directions to come through bluetooth mono also.

My call audio is currently working without any problems. My issue is the google maps directions.

I have the latest Beta of Soundabout Pro. (2.5.8.1.5). I downgraded Google Maps to v9.0 on the advice of another thread. I have the media setting to "Let App Decide", I have Android TTS settings set to use Soundabout TTS with delays and utterance configured.

I tested it using the "Listen to an example" option under the TTS settings and this invokes bluetooth and plays ok, albeit very quietly.

However, when I open up maps and start navigating, the directions come out of the phones speaker.

The only way I can get directions to come out of bluetooth is my setting the Media Output settings in Soundabout to either bluetooth mono or bluetooth mono dynamic. If I set it to bluetooth mono then nothing else, including my radio plays so not an option. If I set it to bluetooth mono dynamic then this invokes bluetooth but late, as in the directions will start to come out of phone speaker and then after 2-3 seconds it will come out of bluetooth. For most short directions, they are lost during the cut over.

It doesn't appear as though the text to speech is working at all.

I'm at a lost, i've spent a lot of time trying to fix this, was hoping this app would fix the issue. Would really like some help.

My phone is an LG G3 running Android Lollipop v20e International version.

Kind Regards,

Nick

nickoneill

Back to top Go down