SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Update not working on Galaxy S3

+4
SoundAbout
Mindcrime2k
thoorn
dagactor
8 posters

Go down

New Update not working on Galaxy S3 Empty New Update not working on Galaxy S3

Post by dagactor Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:09 pm

The new update installed this morning and now I can't hear anything on
the majority of my outgoing calls. Not sure why it seems to have
turned off the volume on my outgoing calls. Verizon Galaxy S3, Rooted,
running Cleanrom Seven.

dagactor

Back to top Go down

New Update not working on Galaxy S3 Empty Re: New Update not working on Galaxy S3

Post by thoorn Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:34 pm

I have the same problem on my Sprint Galaxy S3. Mine is not rooted though. About 1 in 10 outgoing calls will have audio, the rest are dead air. I have tried with bluetooth, no bluetooth, wired headset, and speaker phone. When it is no audio, none of them work. I have removed the application and now everything works fine.

thoorn

Back to top Go down

New Update not working on Galaxy S3 Empty Re: New Update not working on Galaxy S3

Post by Mindcrime2k Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:25 pm

I'd like to add name to this thread as well.  Since the last update my Bluetooth has the same issues listed above.  I'm on a Verizon Galaxy S3 (not rooted).  Up until the latest update, everything was working great for me, so hopefully we can either get back to the version prior to this one or you guys have a work around for us.  I really like this app and don't want to uninstall it - but no audio on a phone call is a bit of a problem.

Thanks for any help you can give us!

***** 8/7/13 *****

Beta worked for me too. Downloaded it and used yesterday - not one problem.
Thanks for getting us fixed so fast!

Last edited by Mindcrime2k on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Mindcrime2k

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:41 pm

Can you try this Beta version and let me know if it solves the issue?

Directions are here. You can either join the Beta testers Group, or just download the Beta version directly from the following thread (at the bottom).

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/t143-beta-version-2542-just-released-to-google-play-store#366
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

New Update not working on Galaxy S3 Empty Beta worked Great

Post by jjbean Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:40 am

Same problem on my S3 (not rooted) I will try the beta today and let you know..

***UPDATE***

I tried the beta all day and it worked perfectly!!
Everything seems to be working great no problems at all.
Thanks for the quick response when there are problems.. Very Happy

jjbean

Back to top Go down

Post by jjbean Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:25 pm

After lastest update nothing is working. Went back to beta and still not working. Loose all sound through Bluetooth oe speakers. Had to uninstall. Please fix it or let me download a previous version that worked. (Back 2 versions)

jjbean

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:20 pm

I think I know what it might be. I was trying to fix an issue where people use Bluetooth phone (mono) profile to send audio to their Bluetooth mono device (car), and it would not disconnect when the audio ended. I think the changes to try and force that are affecting outgoing calls, so I will have to take it out.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by psteichen Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:30 pm

I installed your app a while back to try to route music out through a BT phone protocol so that I could listen to music on a Bluetooth phone headset.  I never did get that to work, but the app remained unused on my phone for several months.

Recently (4 days ago roughly) I started having a problem in that I couldn't hear any audio on outgoing calls on my Samsung Galaxy S3. Oddly it was an intermittent problem. Most of the time calls had no audio, not even an outgoing ringer, and the person on the other end would answer and hear only silence as well. But every several calls one would work. Incoming calls worked great.

Sprint had no idea what to do besides a factory reset (idiots...).  I was starting to fear I might have to reset it.  On a whim I came across your app in my menu and thought it might be worth a shot to uninstall it.  That was it! After uninstalling the phone works perfectly. I see in this thread that a few others have the same problem. Unfortunately I don't remember what settings I had in the app, but I can tell you that I haven't changed them, or even accessed the app, in several months.

Let me know when its fixed, especially if it really is possible to use it to route mp3 audio out through the phone headset protocol.

Thanks!

psteichen

Back to top Go down

Post by RevolverPorcupine Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:34 pm

I have been experiencing the same problem as the topic creator since two days ago.

I am on a stock T-Mobile Galaxy S3 (SGH-T999) running Android version 4.1.2. Not running anything custom except maybe for my launcher, Nova Prime. I am also running the latest free version of SoundAbout from the Play Store.

When I send an outgoing call, I don't hear the call connect tone, or a dial tone. I don't hear the other person, nor does he hear me. When the call ends, I hear a call end tone.

I noticed that I only have this problem when the app is in the Trial Version. Whenever I clear the data through the app management menu, the app reverts to the regular free version and the problem is solved; however, the free version continues to randomly revert back to the trial version, and the problem arises again.

RevolverPorcupine

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:16 am

I am about to release 2.5.4.5. Hopefully that will clear this up.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jjbean Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:54 am

Thanks for the quick updates, and responses. I will try it see what happens.

jjbean

Back to top Go down

Post by shurshot589 Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:17 pm

Hope this new update comes out quick , old version did not give me any trouble, had to remove the latest version, could not call out and hear reliably , reaslly messed up phone

shurshot589

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:38 pm

If you go into Manage app, and find SoundAbout; What version does it say is installed? Do you still have 2.5.4.4 or below?

The current version is 2.5.4.6 and should take care of this issue. Let me know.

Thanks.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RevolverPorcupine Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:10 pm

After the last update, I no longer experience any problems.

RevolverPorcupine

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:23 pm

Excellent. Thank you.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shurshot589 Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:49 pm

reloading latest version, will try it again and I will let you know

shurshot589

Back to top Go down

Post by jjbean Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Everything is working great again. Thank you for the quick fixes.

jjbean

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:58 pm

OK. Great. Thanks.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down