SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to install older version

3 posters

Go down

how to install older version Empty how to install older version

Post by danielej Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:07 am

Hi
I have a pro version of your program (2.5.4.1) but I would go back to version 2.4.9, It was perfect for me, there is a way to install this version ?
Ciao
daniele

danielej

Back to top Go down

how to install older version Empty Re: how to install older version

Post by newshdogg Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:23 am

I would also like a copy of that version

newshdogg

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:54 pm

What part is not working? Did you go from 2.4.9 right to 2.5.4.1 or did you ever use any versions in-between?

I just updated the latest Beta located in this section:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by newshdogg Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:16 pm

I don't know about Daniele but i haven't been following the updates so I'm not sure when the problems started. As far as I'm concerned any older version than this one will do the trick. I am beginning to think they don't exist and we are SOL. If that is the case please just let us know so we can start trying other programs.

As for the parts that aren't working...

1. bluetooth cuts out and goes to speaker and then picks up again 2 or 3 times an hour.

2. App now sometimes force mutes all audio except vibrate and you are forced to restart your phone to hear anything. Happend 3 separate times last night.

Both issues any variation of tweaking the options did nothing.

newshdogg

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:29 pm

I think what happened is this.  Someone with Android 4.3 complained of a SoundAbout Notification always in their status bar.  I looked it up and starting with Android 4.3, any app with a service that won't let Android kill the service will get this notification.  I tried allowing Android to kill the service (when it wants to - kind of random).  When it does kill the service problems, like what you are describing, can occur.  What I've done in the current Beta version 2.4.5.2, is to put in a new setting under the "Notification behavior" section.  The new setting, called  "SoundAbout Service" lets you configure the service to be "on (always)" which is recommended,  "on (can be killed by Android)", or "Off".  Allowing Off is so people can test what will happen with the SoundAbout service off without un-installing.

The BETA list is located HERE.  If you try 2.4.5.2, the directions are in the thread.  At the bottom of the message is a link to directly download it.  Some people have to email to themselves because Gmail will know that an .apk file is meant to be installed.

Let me know if 2.4.5.2 ends this issue.  If so,  I will release it into Google Play.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by newshdogg Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:45 pm

I don't see that option and there has been no difference between the last update and the beta update regarding those issues. Side note i have not experienced any notifications from this app ever.

newshdogg

Back to top Go down

Post by newshdogg Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:56 pm

I am using android 4.04

newshdogg

Back to top Go down

Post by newshdogg Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:11 pm

I uninstalled it and followed your directions and I see that option now, I will test it today and let you know

newshdogg

Back to top Go down

Post by newshdogg Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:53 pm

Seems like it has done the trick. Hasn't cut out in the last hour. Thank you for your attention. Not sure if the original poster needs an old version still we might be having different issues but definitely include this option in your next official update.

newshdogg

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:24 pm

Yes, you may have to just go into Manage Apps, Find SoundAbout, clear cache, clear data, and un-install. Then uninstall the new version.

Also, that notification would only appear if you were running Android 4.3.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danielej Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:33 am

In my case , galaxy note 4.1.2 with invalid plug in/out signals caused by jack oxidation and Soundabout pro 2.5.4.1 ( Setting: Wired Headset behaviour : ignoring ; Phone call: earpiece; Media audio: let app decide; widget to shift from speaker to wired headphone and viceversa) after the last month update ( soundabout 2.5 and succesive) when I'm listening to music with poweramp the sound suddenly shift from headphone to speaker. I remember there was and update that modified also the widget function, from that point the problem appears. Thank you

daniele

danielej

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:30 am

Let me know if the version I just released to Google Play is better. It is 2.5.4.4.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down