SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intermittent Speaker Issue is Back

3 posters

Go down

Intermittent Speaker Issue is Back Empty Intermittent Speaker Issue is Back

Post by mgeiszler Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:28 pm

Hi,

My S4 installed the latest update to SoundAbout early this morning and I noticed that the intermittent cut out from the headset to the speaker has returned. This is the same issue a bunch of us had about a month ago where the sound could cut out from the headset, to the speaker for about one second then return to the headset. I have the app set to always on and the cut outs seem to come at random intervals.

mgeiszler

Back to top Go down

Intermittent Speaker Issue is Back Empty Re: Intermittent Speaker Issue is Back

Post by SoundAbout Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:15 pm

In SoundAbout - "Wired Headset behavior" section, do you have the "Wired Headset detection" setting checked? Do you plug the headset it with this setting checked, or do you use the "Headset toggle" widget?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mgeiszler Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:03 pm

I do have that setting checked.

mgeiszler

Back to top Go down

Post by christopherw Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:39 pm

Been experiencing this also, in exactly the same manner as mgeiszler describes (both cutting out then more recently going to speaker briefly). I've roughly calculated the dropouts as about a quarter to a half of a second.

I have wired headset detection activated. The dropouts don't seem to follow any particular pattern!

Using SA Pro on my S3 LTE (GTI-9305) with Samsung UK ROM, 4.1.2.
christopherw
christopherw

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:18 pm

This is due to Android not wanting apps that have services that are non-kill-able. If you have such a service, then the Android 4.3 puts a constant notification in the status bar. I was getting a lot of complaints, so I am trying to make it so the service is kill-able, but will restart. When Android kills the service (kind of random), this is when you are noticing the switch to speaker.

When it goes to speaker, does the sound switch back to the headset, or does it stay with the phone speaker?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mgeiszler Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:25 pm

It switches back to the headset. I have Advanced Task Killer installed on my phone, but have SoundAbout unchecked (I.e. it won't be killed automatically). When I force an app kill through that program, nothing happens. It doesn't do the speaker thing.

mgeiszler

Back to top Go down

Post by mgeiszler Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:28 pm

As a side note, I haven't had the problem so far today. I usually turn my phone off at night, and I know that I got a SA update tuesday morning. Maybe a reboot is all that is needed to fix the issue? I'll keep monitoring it and if the problem arises again will post here.

mgeiszler

Back to top Go down

Post by christopherw Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:01 pm

I rebooted today after having the audio to speaker problem, I experienced it once more but the audio just cut without speaker. sometimes it's happened a couple of dozens of times over a several-hour period; other times it's happened once. it's usually muted then returned to headset, only a handful of times has sound come out the speaker before returning to headset.

perhaps unrelated, but when my phone syncs to my new car if I've had audio playing at some point and I've paused it, the media device sync event will magically restart audio playback! don't know if that's an Android thing or Ford SYNC oddity.
christopherw
christopherw

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:34 am

Try the latest Beta Version in this section. Let me know how it works.

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down