SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galaxy s4 Notifications Problems

2 posters

Go down

Galaxy s4 Notifications Problems Empty Galaxy s4 Notifications Problems

Post by kenmaie Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:29 am

My wife and I have Samsung Galaxy S4 phones. We both have installed Soundabout Pro on our phones. My wife’s phone appears to be functioning with no issues. My phone however is not. My phone’s notifications are no longer audible. I did a side by side comparison and settings are identical on both phones. Do you have suggestions on how to get my phone audio to work properly.

The primary reason for the app was to prevent notifications to heard through speaker when head phones are connected.

kenmaie

Back to top Go down

Galaxy s4 Notifications Problems Empty Re: Galaxy s4 Notifications Problems

Post by SoundAbout Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:45 am

If you go into the phone settings (not SoundAbout), and find the Sound settings,  is there some kind of profile that can be set?  

If so, try turning off profiles as there could be one that is shutting off the notifications.

Also, if you go into phone settings, then Sound settings, check the volume settings compared to her phone.

It could be the checkbox for "Link ringtone & notification volumes".
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kenmaie Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:57 am

Volume settings are identical on both phones…

Running Android 4.2.2 and in the sound settings there are no profiles so to speak, only something called “adapt sound”.

kenmaie

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:05 pm

1) Are you trying to listen to notifications with headphones (and they are not working)?
OR
2) Are the headphones un-plugged and you trying to listen to notifications through the phone speaker (and they are not working)?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kenmaie Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:08 pm

additional description of the issues...

No sound when phone first starts after reboot
No sound when swiping to unlock from the lock screen
No sound when typing email or text messages
When earphones are connected...incoming calls are still audible through phone speaker

kenmaie

Back to top Go down

Post by kenmaie Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:14 pm

When head phones are connected...I can hear all audio through the head phones and incoming text alerts and phone calls are audible via head phones and speaker

When head phones are disconnected...I can hear audible incoming text alerts and phone calls via speaker. No other system audio is heard from the speaker

kenmaie

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:31 pm

kenmaie wrote:When head phones are connected...I can hear all audio through the head phones and incoming text alerts and phone calls are audible via head phones and speaker

When head phones are disconnected...I can hear audible incoming text alerts and phone calls via speaker.  No other system audio is heard from the speaker

It sounds like the phone is detecting the headphones being plugged in and out.

You said that  
kenmaie wrote:additional description of the issues...
When earphones are connected...incoming calls are still audible through phone speaker
Does that mean phone call audio is not coming through the earphones when they are plugged in or are you referring to the ringer?

It could be an issue with some code that was in there for an event called "AUDIO_BECOMING_NOISY".   When you unplug the headphones, this event fires to notify any apps that sound could start blaring out of the speaker.

I fixed some code in that event in the Beta version.  Can you try the latest Beta and restart the phone?

They are located here:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kenmaie Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:52 pm

Only the ringer is audible when the head phones are plugged in. The call audio is only heard through the head phones. will try the beta and report back

kenmaie

Back to top Go down

Post by kenmaie Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:04 pm

I just installed the Beta version and rebooted the phone. All system audio and notifications are working properly with the headphones not plugged in.

However, when I plug in the headphones i can still hear the ring tone and text alert through the phone speaker as well as the headphones.

kenmaie

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:07 pm

kenmaie wrote:Only the ringer is audible when the head phones are plugged in.  The call audio is only heard through the head phones.   will try the beta and report back

That's normal. There is a separate SoundAbout setting for the ringer called "Ringtones to speaker".

Those two settings ("Notifications to Speaker" and "Ringtones to Speaker") allow you to block audio from coming through the speaker (they are basically one-way).

When un-checked, those settings cannot force audio to come through a headset or Bluetooth. The original output of the audio is determined by the originating app or system. Sometimes the audio is sent to go through both the media audio output as well as the speaker. These settings just let you block the speaker so that other around you don't have to listen to the ringer or notifications when you are using headphones.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kenmaie Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Hello...after the beta upgrade and unchecking the box for both "Notifications to Speaker" and "Ringtones to Speaker" in the Soundabout settings "all" phone audio is now working as I hoped.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated!

kenmaie

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:16 pm

Excellent. Thanks.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down