SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

App works on earbuds, but now I cannot hear inputs from bluetooth voice recognition

3 posters

Go down

App works on earbuds, but now I cannot hear inputs from bluetooth voice recognition Empty App works on earbuds, but now I cannot hear inputs from bluetooth voice recognition

Post by Plainsman40166 Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:07 pm

Hi. I have a Droid Razr Maxx (not HD). I was trying to use brand new earbuds with the Maxx yesterday, and got only silence. So I installed Soundabout. And voila I could hear a radio program through the buds. That is the good part. The bad part is that I cannot now hear voice commands through the Plantronics M1100 BT device when I instead place that in my ear. Before SoundAbout (SA), I could hear the voice recognition software asking for the name I wanted called, and sometimes repeating it back to me, through the BT. And I could speak a name. Now I cannot hear those commands at all, or any reaction to my voice. But if I manually touch a Contact, then the call will go through and I can hear the ringing, followed by the voice of the person being called. So, I want to continue to hear radio through the earbuds. But also I want to be able to switch to a BT device. And I want to hear audio commands when calling out through it. For info, I bought SA pro today but no setting I have tried has worked. I suppose I could uninstall SA and pro but don't want to. Anybody got any ideas? I would sure appreciate it.

Plainsman40166

Back to top Go down

App works on earbuds, but now I cannot hear inputs from bluetooth voice recognition Empty Re: App works on earbuds, but now I cannot hear inputs from bluetooth voice recognition

Post by SoundAbout Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:11 pm

How are you activating the voice recognition from the Bluetooth headset? Is there a button on the headset that you press to get it to ask you for a name?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

App works on earbuds, but now I cannot hear inputs from bluetooth voice recognition Empty Re: App works on earbuds, but now I cannot hear inputs from bluetooth voice recognition

Post by Plainsman40166 Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:22 pm

Yes, there is a button on the M1100 device that has to be pressed twice in rapid succession. This initiates a call.

Plainsman40166

Back to top Go down

Post by GreggH Wed May 01, 2013 10:13 pm

Same thing with my Plantronix Voyager Legend. Can make phone calls, but have to look at the phone to see what I am being asked for, since the voice from the phone doesn't make it to the Legend. This is in both the release and the first beta versions. Oh, and I have to press and hold the earpiece button to make a call.

GreggH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down