SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xperia Z1 Ringtone streaming via bluetooth during call.

2 posters

Go down

Xperia Z1 Ringtone streaming via bluetooth during call. Empty Xperia Z1 Ringtone streaming via bluetooth during call.

Post by AnArChYm Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:52 am

Hi,

I downloaded the soundabout application to try and sort out an issue; why it is not streaming the ringtone over my car stereo when a call comes in.

Basically I have a Pioneer DEH-X9600BT car stereo manufactured last November (2013) which support a2dp, hfp, pbap etc... however whenever a call comes in, the ringtone heard over the radio is the default ringtone out of the box with the stereo and not the selected ringtone from the phone.
Before I went to Android I used to have an iPhone 5 which is able to stream the ringtone automatically while keeping the screen off and the ringtone only comes out from the car stereo and not from the phone main speaker.

Is there an option which can enable my Z1 to behave the same way?

However after I have accepted the call, the stereo mic kicks in and the call can be heard fine over the car speakers, it is just the ringtone which is not working. Does android support ringtone streaming while a call is coming in?

AnArChYm

Back to top Go down

Xperia Z1 Ringtone streaming via bluetooth during call. Empty Re: Xperia Z1 Ringtone streaming via bluetooth during call.

Post by SoundAbout Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:33 pm

For some reason when the Bluetooth specs were written they must have decided to have the Bluetooth phone device handle it's own ringtone. My guess is that it was either due to taking too much time to play dynamic ringtones or that some ringtones would be too high a sound quality for Bluetooth phone profile to handle.

I wish there was a way, but there is NO way around this. I have searched and tried. It would have to be done by the manufacturer. I've heard of some of them having their own apps to choose ringtones, but I haven't looked it up.

Bluetooth A2DP might handle ringtones, but who wants to leave the car setting on Bluetooth A2DP unless you are listening to music from the phone?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Xperia Z1 Ringtone streaming via bluetooth during call. Empty Re: Xperia Z1 Ringtone streaming via bluetooth during call.

Post by AnArChYm Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:01 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean Pioneer or Android bluetooth radio interface is the problem? As I guess it would be Android since iphone works perfectly fine with regards to ringtone stream.

I also tried to check if ringtone plays while on using bt audio mode on my car stereo since it uses a2dp but still no ringtone from Android.

AnArChYm

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:32 pm

The Bluetooth/ringtone combo is a strange creature in Android. I probably can't get around not sending ringtones to Bluetooth, but I do have a lot of new notification/ringer settings in the latest Beta version:

You may want to clear the app cache and data, install and restart the phone.

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down