SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wired Headset microphone toggle also changes audio routing.

2 posters

Go down

Wired Headset microphone toggle also changes audio routing.  Empty Wired Headset microphone toggle also changes audio routing.

Post by gais Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:28 am

I've got a Huawei Y300 running Cyanogenmod 11 nightly  (CM-11-20140313 Android 4.4.2 KitKat). Whenever I toggle the "Wired Headset microphone" it not only toggles the microphone but also the routing of the sound.

Switched on the sound is routed to the connected headphones (AKG 420 without microphone or AUX in on my car stereo) but the microphone of the device is disabled.
Switched off the sound is routed to the internal speaker and the microphone of the device is enabled.

I need a third toggle that enables both the headphones and the microphone of the device to be enabled.  Laughing

Is this a problem of Kitkat, Cyanogenmod or SoundAbout?

gais

Back to top Go down

Wired Headset microphone toggle also changes audio routing.  Empty Re: Wired Headset microphone toggle also changes audio routing.

Post by gais Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:52 am

update: flashed a Cyanogenmod 10.2 nightly, but it has the same problem. There does not seem to be a suitable profile to route the audio to the headphones and use the internal microphone.

SoundAbout gives me two profile options "Wired Headphones" and "Wired Headset (with Mic)". When I select the "Wired Headphones" profile the audio is routed to the phones speaker. Only when I select "Wired Headset (with Mic)" the audio is routed to the headphones, but it also mutes the microphone. My phone simply does not seem to support the "Wired Headphone" profile. Could this be a kernel related issue? I would like to use my phone for hands-free calling using the AUX-in on my car stereo.

edit: searching the forum I found the exact same problem as this user experienced: https://soundabout.forumotion.com/t225-wired-headphones-option-doesn-t-work
I'll try a different (not Cyanogenmod based) ROM tonight.

edit2: tried a modified stock 4.1.1 ROM (FusionX Huawei Y300 v1.0 [B199]) and still no luck. It seems the "Wired Headphones" profile just does not seem to exist. Could this be a kernel issue?

gais

Back to top Go down

Wired Headset microphone toggle also changes audio routing.  Empty Re: Wired Headset microphone toggle also changes audio routing.

Post by SoundAbout Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:50 am

I'm not noticing this behavior on the current Beta. I am running SlimKat 4.4.2.

There was some issues with Android 4.4 killing background services when the corresponding app was swiped from the task list.

I just uploaded the Beta version the other day. The status bar settings (to show status bar notifications) are now merged with the SoundAbout service setting which simpler.

There are also new Alert/notification/ringer settings.

If you already have SoundAbout installed and you want to install the Beta, first go into phone settings, Manage apps, find SoundAbout and click it. Click Clear cache, clear data, force stop and un-install. Then install the new Beta fresh. I also usually restart the phone, just to start the services fresh as well.

The beta is here:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gais Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:43 am

I will try the beta tonight. Could it be a kernel / driver issue where this phone just does not support the "Wired Headphone" profile?

gais

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:51 am

It could be. Normally, when the audio profile for headphones is used, Android knows there is no mic and will use the built-in microphone. It could be that there is something in the ROM or kernel that is detecting the type of headset being plugged in (it senses the mic) and is overriding SoundAbout and setting the Android setting to Headset(with mic) instead of headphones.

Is there anything in the ROM or any apps that have audio profiles or something similar?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gais Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:59 am

The thing is, if I force the audio to use "Wired Headphone" using SoundAbout it switches the audio, but to the built in speaker. If I select "Wired Headset (with mic)" it uses the headphone. It does this with any ROM I have tried so far (stock and CM based).

Could you point me in the right direction if I want to experiment with building a custom kernel. Where is this behavior defined? Is that media / profile or is it fixed in the audio drivers?

gais

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:11 am

That is odd. It makes me wonder if an audio output constant is different in the ROM. I know the audio input constants changed in Android 4.2, but the audio output constants remained the same.

It doesn't behave this way for me in SlimKat 4.4 on my HTC One.

I don't code code for kernels, but try searching "android audio policy manager".

If you click on my user profile in this forum, you can email me. Email me (with a copy of issue, so I remember who it is), and I can reply with an install that will pop up some toast messages. I will have it query the constant value for audio headphone and headset with mic and you can tell me what pops up.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gais Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:27 pm

Thanks! appreciate it.

gais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down