SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Touble with navigation directions to the car unit.

2 posters

Go down

Touble with navigation directions to the car unit. Empty Touble with navigation directions to the car unit.

Post by jbernst5 Thu May 02, 2013 3:12 pm

I have an old phone, a VZW Motorola Droid 2 with the latest software update, running Android 2.3.4. I just bought a 2013 Subaru which has bluetooth. The phone is working great, cutting the stereo while connected, etc. I installed SoundAbout Pro yesterday, but am not having any luck. I want to use the navigation software and have it interrupt the audio for directions. I have the media audio set to Bluetooth (mono)(dynamic). This kills the navigation audio from the phone speaker, but does not come through the car system at all, and it doesn't interrupt the music.

Any idea what my problem is?

jbernst5

Back to top Go down

Touble with navigation directions to the car unit. Empty Re: Touble with navigation directions to the car unit.

Post by SoundAbout Fri May 03, 2013 1:03 am

Bluetooth mono may not work in general on your phone or version on Android. It varies between different phones and Android versions. I have an old Moto Droid, and no matter what version on Android I flash to it, media to Bluetooth mono will not work. Instead of using the Bluetooth (mono) (dynamic), try setting media audio to "Bluetooth (mono)" just to test if anything will broadcast to your car. Try playing music or navigation. This will cause a constant connection, so that you can't listen to music, but it is a good test to see if your phone/car combo will allow media to be sent to Bluetooth mono. I have some new code in the Beta version that uses TTS so that it can pause the audio and wait until the audio is routed before speaking. You need Android 4.0+ to use it though.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down