SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Directions continue after closing navigation app

2 posters

Go down

Directions continue after closing navigation app Empty Directions continue after closing navigation app

Post by bluemu Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:26 pm

Thank you for your assistance. When I use SoundAbout to hear directions from any navigation app through my car's speakers, the directions continue to be read even after I close the navigation app (by holding the Home button and swiping the app window off of the screen). I'm guessing this may be happening because I'm not actually instructing the app to stop navigating. I'm just closing the app. Is there a way to prevent the navigation instructions from being read after a navigation app is closed?

bluemu

Back to top Go down

Directions continue after closing navigation app Empty Re: Directions continue after closing navigation app

Post by SoundAbout Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:42 pm

That's a tough one.  

1) The navigation app sends text to SoundAbout TTS.  
2) SoundAbout TTS queues the text in a list.
3) SoundAbout switches the audio and then goes through the list and sends the text to the real TTS engine, one by one.
4) When you close the Navigation app,  SoundAbout is still working on the list.

You may be able to go into SoundAbout settings:
1) Press "Text-to-speech behavior"
2) Change "Max utterance per request" to "One" so that it works on them one at a time or "Two", so it does two quick directions.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down