SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoundAbout HDMI(AUX DIGITAL) Media switch setting not functional on SONY Xperia ION

2 posters

Go down

SoundAbout HDMI(AUX DIGITAL) Media switch setting not functional on SONY Xperia ION Empty SoundAbout HDMI(AUX DIGITAL) Media switch setting not functional on SONY Xperia ION

Post by FATBADCAT Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:46 pm

The SONY Xperia ION has a problem with HDMI audio with Android KitKat 4.1.2. When the phone detects an HDMI cable connection the video and audio are initially routed out the HDMI. After doing a google search for a youtube video and then starting the video the audio does not come out the HDMI (audio goes nowhere). While the video is playing if you unplug the HDMI cable and then plug it back in the phone again detects the cable connection and switches the audio to HDMI and everything is fine until the video ends.  If you google another video and try to play it same thing happens.  It seems to be the applications are directing the audio to the wrong place (nowhere) and only after forcing the phone to re-detect the HDMI cable connection does the audio get routed to the HDMI.

I was hoping that SoundAbout would fix this problem by setting the media output to HDMI(Aux Digital), but that seems to direct the audio to nowhere the same as the applications descibed above are doing.  I would assume that the SONY Xperia ION is unique in how it directs the audio to the HDMI and neither any application nor SoundAbout does it the same way. Unfortunitly there is no setting anywhere in the phones setting to force the audio out the HDMI other than force the phone to re-detect the HDMI cable connection by unplugging it and plugging back in.

I tried the SoundAbout DIgital Dock Media switch setting as well and it didn't work either.

I'm hoping I am just missing something simple here and that SoundAbout can solve this problem by taking audio contol away from the application and always directing it out the HDMI when enabled. Does anyone have any suggestions or can SoundAbout be modified in the next release to accommedate the SONY Xperia IONs apparently unique HDMI control?

FATBADCAT

Back to top Go down

SoundAbout HDMI(AUX DIGITAL) Media switch setting not functional on SONY Xperia ION Empty Re: SoundAbout HDMI(AUX DIGITAL) Media switch setting not functional on SONY Xperia ION

Post by SoundAbout Sun May 04, 2014 3:13 am

I have heard there are some unique HDMI issues with Sony devices.

I took a look here, but couldn't find much on HDMI:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2022334&nocache=1

Does this problem just happen in YouTube, or does it happen with other video apps as well?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

SoundAbout HDMI(AUX DIGITAL) Media switch setting not functional on SONY Xperia ION Empty Re: SoundAbout HDMI(AUX DIGITAL) Media switch setting not functional on SONY Xperia ION

Post by FATBADCAT Sun May 04, 2014 11:18 am

Thanks for looking into the issue and the link.
It happens with the browser as well when you play internet videos, the audio switches to nowhere. The resident applications for video seem fine as is MXplayer. Might have something to do with the interent handoff of video causing the audio to get switched away from HDMI. All I know for sure is once the audio is switched away from HDMI, the HDMI cable has to be unplugged and plugged back in forcing the phone to detect the connection and switch the audio back to the HDMI.

The problem seems to be that SoundAbout is not only disabling the application from switching the audio away from HDMI, but switching it itself to the wrong place. If there was a setting in SoundAbout to disable the application from switching the audio, and leave the current audio setting (set by the phone) this would probably correct the problem on the SONY since the phone does an excellent job of initialy detecting the HDMI cable connection and disconnection and switching the audio appropriately.

FATBADCAT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down