SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

internal mic disabled after aux is plugged in, LG G3

2 posters

Go down

internal mic disabled after aux is plugged in, LG G3 Empty internal mic disabled after aux is plugged in, LG G3

Post by kuoweiwang Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:35 pm

Hi

I purchased the product. I thought it fixed my problem and it did only for a while. The problem is if I plug in the aux to the phone to listen music while driving, someone calls, the internal mic is disabled so they can't hear me. I can hear them via the car speakers. Will you be able to make sure that the internal mic is NOT disabled when a car AUX is plugged? Car aux doesn't have mic so I don't know why the phone internal mic is disabled.

Thanks

kuoweiwang

Back to top Go down

internal mic disabled after aux is plugged in, LG G3 Empty Re: internal mic disabled after aux is plugged in, LG G3

Post by SoundAbout Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:04 pm

The phone mic should work if the phone is using the 3.5mm connection as "Wired headphones" and not "Wired headset (with mic)".

What is your SoundAbout "Media Audio" set to?

If you use the latest Beta, you should get a notification in the status bar that tells you what audio output that SoundAbout is currently using (when plugged into the car).

You can download the Beta here:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions

Reboot the phone. After that you can see the SoundAbout icon in the status bar. When plugged into the car, drag the status bar down and see what SoundAbout says is connected. Does it say "Wired headphones in use" or "Wired headset (with mic) in use"?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

internal mic disabled after aux is plugged in, LG G3 Empty Re: internal mic disabled after aux is plugged in, LG G3

Post by kuoweiwang Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:06 pm

The "Media Audio" is set to "let app decide". Is Aux cable categorized as "Wired headphones" or "Wired headset (with mic)"? From the icon on the top right corner on my phone, Aux cable icon looks different from the other two. The icon looks like a "microphone"ish. In that case, I wonder why the internal mic is disabled? BTW, I noticed that it does work once a while, I haven't found the pattern yet, but in some cases, I was able to use the internal mic to call while aux is plugged in. cyclops cyclops cyclops

kuoweiwang

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:03 pm

You want it to connect as "Wired Headphones", so that it doesn't think the wired headset connection has a microphone and uses the phone built-in microphone instead. If the 3.5mm pin connects to the phone, and registers as having a microphone, then the phone will think you have a wired headset plugged in that has a built-in microphone and will shut off the phone's built-in microphone. If the cable moves around and it works sometimes that would mean the cable might not be fully compatible with the phone.

There is a thread that talks about the compatibility issue here:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/t20-wired-headset-microphone-not-working
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kuoweiwang Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:39 pm

Thanks for the reply. I think I got what you are saying (pls correct me if I am wrong). Basically, whenever the aux is plugged in and if I want to continue using the build-in mic to call, I need to go to soundabout and manually choose "wired headphone" . Hope this can be done automatically instead of this extra manual step.

kuoweiwang

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:42 am

Yes. If the phone can correctly "detect" the wired headset cable, when plugged in, then it should detect that the pins on the cable/jack do not include a pin for the microphone. If that happens, then SoundAbout will know that the plugged in cable is a Headphone connection (no microphone) and will enable the phone's built-in microphone.

If the phone is having issues detecting the correct pin type, then you would have to manually change the "media audio" setting to "Wired headphones".
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down