SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android), BlueParrott B250-XT headset and media player inconsistant

3 posters

Go down

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android), BlueParrott B250-XT headset and media player inconsistant Empty Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android), BlueParrott B250-XT headset and media player inconsistant

Post by pilgrimtrucker Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:18 pm

Sorry, but I do not completely understand the explanation provided for each of the settings. Since there does not appear to be a user manual, I hope someone will review my settings listed here and reply with a correction. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 with Verizon. I use a BlueParrott B250-XT blue-tooth headset. I plug my phone into the radio with a rca(?) plug to listen to on-line shows, audio books etc... over the vehicle speakers.  
This is my problem; it is hit and miss for my phone to answer an incoming phone call through my headset if I have, or am listening to any audio on my phone. My phone connects with the caller, but I cannot hear them, nor can they hear me through my headset, or anything else for that matter. I then have to shut down my phone before it will allow me to make or receive a call that I can hear through my headset. There is no pattern of a specific application running when this happens, it's inconsistent. So, based on what I use my phone for, do I have the correct settings selected? I am showing only those choices selected. The apps I use for audio are; Overdrive (for audio books), TuneIn Radio (for internet radio) and SirusXM (satellite radio).

SoundAbout service= X -Foreground. (selected)
Media Audio= X -Let app decide.
Phone call audio= X -Bluetooth (mono).
Text-to-speech behavior: Android TTS settings= X -Google text-to-speech engine.
Notification behavior= X -Nothing selected.
Wired headset behavior= X -Wired headset detection (allowing plug in/out detection). X -Plug-in volume on/off.
Bluetooth behavior= X Bluetooth auto enable. X -Mono microphone override. X -Bluetooth disconnect audio.
                            Media audio behavior= X -Nothing selected.
                            Phone call behavior= X -Phone call audio usage. X -Disable wired audio.

I just want to receive phone calls through my headset while listening to audio every time. Please review my selections and advise. Thanks for your help.

pilgrimtrucker

Back to top Go down

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android), BlueParrott B250-XT headset and media player inconsistant Empty Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android), BlueParrott B250-XT headset and media player inconsistant

Post by pilgrimtrucker Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:16 am

Hey Soundabout,
How about a little help here.

pilgrimtrucker

Back to top Go down

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android), BlueParrott B250-XT headset and media player inconsistant Empty Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android), BlueParrott B250-XT headset and media player inconsistant

Post by SoundAbout Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:42 pm

Pilgrim,

I will send you a private message.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:08 pm

Pilgrim,

Sorry,  I just noticed your question.  Sometimes I don't get notified and miss a question.  

You can send me an email at soundAbout@woodslink.net.  You will get an automated response, but that is to get people to look for answers on the message board first.

I can call you to walk you through the settings, but I'll post some instructions here, if you want to give it a try.

Some of the settings are unnecessary (phone call audio set to Bluetooth mono).

I think we should start fresh with the latest version of SoundAbout and SoundAbout Pro.

Wipe, un-install SoundAbout Pro.
1) Go into the Phone Settings.
2) Find "Manage Apps"
3) Scroll down to SoundAbout Pro and press it
4) Press Clear Cache, then Clear Data, then Force Stop, and then Un-Install.
5) Press back to see the list of apps.

Wipe, un-install SoundAbout.
1) Go into the Phone Settings. (You may already be here from last step)
2) Find "Manage Apps".   (You may already be here from last step)
3) Scroll down to SoundAbout Pro and press it.  
4) Press Clear Cache, then Clear Data, then Force Stop, and then Un-Install.
5) Press back a couple times to go back to the home screen.

Re-install SoundAbout Pro
1) Go here and install SoundAbout Pro from the Market again:  Click HERE to go to Android Market for SoundAbout Pro

Re-install Latest SoundAbout
1) There is a new Beta version, so we should just use that one.
1) Press here and install SoundAbout from the Message Board:  Click HERE to download BETA

Settings for your case
1) Open SoundAbout (no more SoundAbout Pro icon needed)
2) Check if "Media Audio" is set to "Let app decide"
3) Check if "Phone call Audio" is set to "Let app decide"
4) I think you are plugging in a 3.5mm (two male headset pins) from your pone to your truck AUX jack. The phone/app should detect this for playing audio.
5) The app should automatically make Bluetooth (mono) (phone profile) the default when you receive a phone call.

New feature you might like
1) Hold your finger down, on the home screen to add a new icon. When the menu pops up choose APPS.
2) Scroll down to "SoundAbout Voice Search" and click it.
3) The "SoundAbout Voice Search" icon should now be on your home screen.
4) If you use an app, like "Car Home", you can add "SoundAbout Voice Search" as a BIG button.
5) When you press "SoundAbout Voice Search", it will connect your Bluetooth microphone and open Google Now / Search.
6) When it beeps, you ask it a question.
7) It will reply through the Bluetooth speaker/headset. It will disconnect after 5 seconds.
8 ) The settings to configure the Voice Search and timings are in SoundAbout, in the "Voice Search behavior" section.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pilgrimtrucker Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:09 am

Didn't expect such attention. Thank you for your response.
I followed your instructions; uninstalling and reinstalling soundabout pro and soundabout. Things have returned as I remember them. The only remaining issue is competing applications between soundabout and Android S voice. Soundabout used to confirm my verbal requests, now S voice does. How can I get soundabout to become dominant.
Thanks again for your help.

pilgrimtrucker

Back to top Go down

Post by jamlazevedo Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi. I have identical problem and the same question: How can I get soundabout to become dominant?
Thanks

jamlazevedo

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:33 am

When you hold the HOME key down and swipe upward, does Android ask which app to use for the search (with the use NOW and use ALWAYS option)?

I used to do that and choose ALWAYS with SoundAbout as the option.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pilgrimtrucker Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:16 am

Ok, I think I've figured out my problem. The good news is it was not a "Soundabout" setting or software issue. Today I only allowed Soundabout to run on my phone, I kept the resident "Hands free mode" program closed, off, whatever. I was able to listen to online radio and audio books on my phone and receive phone calls through my bluetooth headset without any of the problems as reported earlier. I was under the impression that Soundabout was a tag-a-long app to work with whatever hands free program was being used. It appears this created the conflicts and inconsistencies I described in earlier posts. So, thank you Soundabout administrator for your attention and time fielding my questions. Your replies helped to solve the mystery.
I give it a 5 star rating.

pilgrimtrucker

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:25 pm

OK, thanks. Sometimes varying apps are both trying to update audio output and this happens. I see this problem when a version of Android incorporates sound profiles that disable Bluetooth and/or put the phone in silent mode.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down