SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTS A2DP override not working

2 posters

Go down

TTS A2DP override not working Empty TTS A2DP override not working

Post by baldgeezer Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:18 pm

I have found the text-to-speech routing option but I cannot get it to work. I have set Media Audio to route via Wired Headphone and then in Text-to-speech I selected the audio output as A2DP (and it is showing as connected to my bluetooth device). However, when I trigger a TTS event the audio is still routed via the wired headphones. ??? What am I missing ???

p.s. same is true for Block Notifications or Block Ringtone to Speaker - with this on I still get incoming notifications/ringtones out the wired headphone.

baldgeezer

Back to top Go down

TTS A2DP override not working Empty Re: TTS A2DP override not working

Post by baldgeezer Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:35 am

Also - it fails the other way round too. i.e phone is just connected to A2DP device but SoundAbout is set to route TTS to the speaker or another output. When I perform a TTS test it then comes out the A2DP device.

If I then connect my headphones to the wired output and set media to go via headphones then both media and TTS go via headphones.

baldgeezer

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:34 pm

If you go into the phone's TTS settings, is SoundAbout TTS selected? The TTS may be still going to another TTS engine which would explain this.

Once you are using SoundAbout TTS, there are settings to choose the "real" TTS engine to use for actually converting text to speech.

Try the latest Beta:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions

If you click on the SoundAbout Text-To-Speech behavior setting, you will see another setting called "Android TTS Settings". That will send you to the Android screen to choose a default TTS engine. That is where you choose SoundAbout TTS.

If you click on the SoundAbout Text-To-Speech behavior setting, you will see another setting called "SoundAbout TTS Engine". That is where you choose the "real" TTS engine that is doing the transformation of text to sound.

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by baldgeezer Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:07 am

OK - so I have now done that and TTS is correctly going to the A2DP device. However, if I am playing media (e.g. Spotify) via the wired headset and a TTS event starts then the audio comes out the headset and not the A2DP device.

In your email to me you said :"If the Sat navigation is using TTS, then you can use SoundAbout TTS engine and set its audio output to Bluetooth. Notifications will still go through the current audio output, which would be the headphone."

So have I mis-understood this? I assumed this to mean that TTS would always go out the A2DP device regardless of where media is currently streaming?

-Dave

baldgeezer

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:29 pm

Spotify could be forcing the audio to stay with the wired headset. There is a setting in the SoundAbout "Text-To-Speech behavior" settings called "Allow background audio" that you can un-check.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down