SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bluetooth Microphone input on Tablet (Nexus 7)

2 posters

Go down

Bluetooth Microphone input on Tablet (Nexus 7) Empty Bluetooth Microphone input on Tablet (Nexus 7)

Post by ConanOBrien Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:41 pm

Hello,

I have a Nexus 7 of which I would like to use access the microphone of my car's receiver. The receiver is fully capable of using both Hands Free (Phone Audio) and A2DP (Media Audio) profiles. However, it seems as though the mic is limited to Phone Audio only.

When the Nexus 7 is paired to the Receiver, only the "Media Audio" profile is connected, there is no choice for "Phone Audio" on the tablet, because it is a tablet. Because of this, when I try to use any Voice-Searches, it uses the Nexus 7's built in mic, rather than the receiver's microphone.

I simply want to use my receiver's microphone to do voice-searches on my Nexus 7.

I have tried messing with the settings in SoundAbout and can't seem to get it to work. It seems as though I'll have to trick the tablet into thinking it's a "phone" in order for it to connect.

Is there a workaround for this? Or am I SOL because it's a tablet?

Thanks in advance!

ConanOBrien

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth Microphone input on Tablet (Nexus 7) Empty Re: Bluetooth Microphone input on Tablet (Nexus 7)

Post by SoundAbout Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:45 am

SoundAbout could do it, if the tablet would pair to the Bluetooth device for phone calls. SoundAbout can't change how the tablet pairs to Bluetooth devices.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down