SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WAZE and Bluetooth phone earpiece

Go down

WAZE and Bluetooth phone earpiece Empty WAZE and Bluetooth phone earpiece

Post by sjbaron42 Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:46 am

I am trying to determine the correct settings to overcome a problem with WAZE audio directions.

What I want to achieve is for WAZE audio driving directions to ALWAYS go to the phone speaker. WAZE actually has a setting that is suppose to do this, but it does not work as advertised -- at least it does not on my Motorola RAZR HD with JellyBean. WAZE uses Media Audio for directions.

When driving I use a Bluetooth phone earpiece (a JAWBONE PRIME). Single ear and a mic.

When on a call using the Bluetooth phone earpiece, WAZE driving instructions will play on the earpiece over the phone call. Result is that I cannot really understand either WAZE or the caller, if they are speaking.

Can someone tell me the specific SoundAbout settings to achieve one or the other of:

(a) prevent Media Audio from ever reaching Bluetooth phone earpiece, AND/OR

(b) Media Audio is routed to phone speaker UNLESS either a Bluetooth stereo audio headset is connected or a wired stereo headset is plugged in.

BTW, I checked that the Bluetooth profiles are correct. For the phone earpiece, only the Phone profile is present. I also have a Bluetooth stereo headset (Motorola S9-HD) and for that device I see the specific choices of Phone or Media Audio.

sjbaron42

Back to top Go down