SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ignoring Wired Headset detection - Not working on Android 6.0

2 posters

Go down

Ignoring Wired Headset detection - Not working on Android 6.0 Empty Ignoring Wired Headset detection - Not working on Android 6.0

Post by schlag Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:26 pm

This works on my Nexus 5 with Lollipop, and stopped working since android M developer preview 1. SoundAbout will report routing to speaker, earpiece, etc, but no sound comes out. Forced routing to speaker or earpiece does not work. Speakerphone works normally on phone calls regardless of SA status. I'm currently running Android 6.0 with SA 2.6.5.7 beta. With 2.6.5.6 beta, short ~75ms blasts of music would come through the speaker at the beginning of a Hangouts dialer call - to date the only sign that SA is working in any way. Bluetooth routing works fine in all cases, with or without SA.

My headset port is damaged (exposed to 48V phantom power from a soundboard), so the phone thinks a headset is permanently connected. To date SA is the only solution that works.

Does anyone else have this issue with Android M/Marshmallow?

Thank you for this excellent software!

schlag

Back to top Go down

Ignoring Wired Headset detection - Not working on Android 6.0 Empty Re: Ignoring Wired Headset detection - Not working on Android 6.0

Post by SoundAbout Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:15 pm

There was a mistake in 2.6.5.7.

Try this latest Beta instead.
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Ignoring Wired Headset detection - Not working on Android 6.0 Empty Re: Ignoring Wired Headset detection - Not working on Android 6.0

Post by schlag Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:31 am

I wiped SA program data/cache, uninstalled 2.6.5.7 and installed 2.6.5.8 beta. No change in behavior Crying or Very sad

schlag

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:47 pm

If you drag down and watch the status bar, at the top of the screen, does the SoundAbout notification message keep changing the audio output status rapidly?

I'm wondering if the damaged headset port is sending signals very rapidly?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by schlag Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:33 am

Thanks, there is no such behavior and I have never seen that happen.
My SA configuration is default, except I have "Wired Headset detection" unchecked in connectable devices>Wired headset settings. In that case, the notification message is "Phone speaker for media".
If I check "Wired Headset detection", then the notification is "Wired headphones for media". And with the mic sub-option, "Wired Headset (with mic)..."
If I explicitly state an output path in SA on the main screen, the notification will correctly state the path, but will not work for media or phone calls. Speaker phone works fine, as do notifications and ringtones thru the speaker. Bluetooth routing works fine. If I have SA routing specified, or headset ignored, I will get a short ~100ms snippet of the phone audio through the speaker when ending the call. Hangouts has no speakerphone option currently, so SA is working for a very short time, at the calls end.
As I mentioned in the OP, this is new behavior in Marshmallow - SA always worked in L. I will make a nandroid, and attempt this under lollipop to confirm it still works there. However, since speakerphone does work in a normal call, I suspect this is a new function of M that is interfering.
Thanks so much!

schlag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down