SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turning off Wired Headset detection does not work with Note 3

3 posters

Go down

Turning off Wired Headset detection does not work with Note 3 Empty Turning off Wired Headset detection does not work with Note 3

Post by lidanh Fri May 16, 2014 5:42 pm

Hi there,

My Galaxy Note 3 has a weird habbit of thinking the headphones are connected.
As you can imagin, 1 Google search helped me to find SoundAbout.

Thanks to SoundAbout (Pro) I was able to speak through the Earpiece, but still I was not able to remove that annoying headphones icon (on the notifications bar).

I tried to uncheck the "Wired Headset detection", but it still recognizes headphones somehow (about 20 seconds after reboot is completed).
When I saw that checkbox I was sure it's going to solve the issue, but it didn't :-(.

I tried to use all of SoundAbout Service types and restart my phone after each change. Still didn't work.

Anyone can think of a reason why wouldn't it work? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks in advanced,
Lidan

lidanh

Back to top Go down

Turning off Wired Headset detection does not work with Note 3 Empty Re: Turning off Wired Headset detection does not work with Note 3

Post by 35thpewterz Mon May 19, 2014 12:43 pm

Just used this on my note 3 this morning after lots of searching and worked perfectly. Mine got stuck in the earphone mode after getting it partially wet last night. Noticed it this morning, downloaded the app, unchecked wired headset detection, restarted phone, and works normal now. The way to get the icon to go away is to go into settings>general>application manager>scroll over to all apps>scroll down to PageBuddyNotiSvc and turn off.

35thpewterz

Back to top Go down

Turning off Wired Headset detection does not work with Note 3 Empty Re: Turning off Wired Headset detection does not work with Note 3

Post by SoundAbout Wed May 21, 2014 1:54 pm

Yes, SoundAbout can't get rid of the icon. You have to do that in the app/OS that generated the icon. If it is the Android OS or a ROM, then it must be done in the phone settings. If another app is generating the headset notification, then that app must turn off the notification/icon (if it has a setting to do this).
SoundAbout can can't stop the headset plug-in event from occurring. SoundAbout can only react to the event and put the audio output back to where you want it.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down