SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wired heatset detection toggle only seems to work from the widget

2 posters

Go down

wired heatset detection toggle only seems to work from the widget Empty wired heatset detection toggle only seems to work from the widget

Post by audiophan Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:26 pm

This is more of an FYI:

My Samsung Galaxy G2 with stock rooted rom has a broken headset jack, which would cause phone to oscillate between any mode I would select and headset mode. For example, with a BT headset paired, it would continuously switch between the BT headset and outputting to the nonexistent wired headset. I downloaded Soundabout a few days ago, and have been through the few revisions posted during the course of the past week. Even after reboots, using ignore for wired headset behavior would not prevent this behavior. I played with a few other settings, namely forcing forcing phone audio to BT headset (mono). I rebooted with every settings change but nothing worked.

Finally today I used the Soundabout homescreen widget to turn on and off the headset. Turning it off resulted in the behavior I was expecting with the ignore wired headset checkbox. It turned off the headset and no longer oscillates between the selected mode and headset. I've notice a few issues about ignore not successfully doing that, so maybe someone in my situation will find this strategy useful.

audiophan

Back to top Go down

wired heatset detection toggle only seems to work from the widget Empty Re: wired heatset detection toggle only seems to work from the widget

Post by SoundAbout Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:55 pm

Thanks for the input.

I will have to look to see what is going on. When I try plugging in a headset from a phone that can detect it (while wired headset detection is off), the app will leave the audio where it is and not switch to the wired headset.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

wired heatset detection toggle only seems to work from the widget Empty Re: wired heatset detection toggle only seems to work from the widget

Post by audiophan Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:30 pm

Essential that is what I was trying to do - and it does that now, but only after using the widget. Samsung bundles a number of features which activate upon some event like headset plugged in, which I deactivated. Even so, it was the widget which finally enabled the behavior I needed. App was definitely a lifesaver, and seems to be the only one that works with ICS, so thank you!

audiophan

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:54 pm

See if the new Beta works without the widget ON and OFF. Go into settings, Manage apps, find SoundAbout, clear cache, clear data, force stop, un-install. Then install the Beta version below. Set the "Wired headset detection" setting to OFF. Try no using the widget first.

Try the latest Beta version 2.5.6.0 in the Beta section:

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down