SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BLU Studio 5.0 "wired headset detection" not fully working

2 posters

Go down

BLU Studio 5.0 "wired headset detection" not fully working Empty BLU Studio 5.0 "wired headset detection" not fully working

Post by subtitles Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:25 pm

I have a BLU Studio 5.0 running 4.1.2 (which is what it came pre-loaded with) - it has the issue where when you plug speakers in (for me in my car), the volume halves.

I uncheck "wired headset detection" but that doesn't help.

I check it, then plug in the headset with audio playing, I get the warning (volume goes down), I uncheck it, and volume is at full. So with this roundabout way, I can get this to work.

Is this something you can help with?

subtitles

Back to top Go down

BLU Studio 5.0 "wired headset detection" not fully working Empty Re: BLU Studio 5.0 "wired headset detection" not fully working

Post by SoundAbout Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:55 pm

When you say:

"I check it, then plug in the headset with audio playing, I get the warning (volume goes down), I uncheck it, and volume is at full. So with this roundabout way, I can get this to work. "

1) By "check it", do you mean the "wired headset detection"?
2) What warning are you getting? From SoundAbout or from the phone?
3) By "uncheck it", do you mean the "wired headset detection" again?

There are settings in Android (and ROMs), that will turn down the volume when a headset is plugged in or out to avoid blasting the music by accident. For me, I go into Settings, then click SOUND. I scroll down and there is a setting called SAFE HEADSET VOLUME.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

BLU Studio 5.0 "wired headset detection" not fully working Empty Re: BLU Studio 5.0 "wired headset detection" not fully working

Post by subtitles Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:24 pm

I know what you're talking about with safe headset volume, though that's not available in this default ROM (I've seen it in custom ROMs from other phones I've used), and I'm talking to the manufacturer about it. This manufacturer, or Jelly Bean, does this through "audio profiles" which does not have this option. I wish it was that simple Razz.

To answer your questions:

1) yes
2) Soundabout
3) yes

I've also verified that the speaker on the phone continues to work when I do that workaround, so that it's outputting to aux, but also outputting to the built in speaker, when I follow the steps above.

To be clear, I have to do this every time I plug in, in order to get the volume not be pathetic.

I appreciate your help with this Smile - the app has at least solved my issue to some extent - though it'd be nice not to have to do the rigmarole every time.

subtitles

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:29 pm

People usually uncheck the audio profiles as it does things without them knowing it.

Are you plugging in to the car for music, phone or both?

Can you try the latest version located in the Beta section?

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by subtitles Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:32 pm

I was trying to not use audio profiles, but I don't think I have that choice, unfortunately.

Plugging into the car to listen to audio of voice.

I had seen the betas, but did not know if they would help. I'll check them out and report back.

subtitles

Back to top Go down

Post by subtitles Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:42 pm

That fixed it. I installed the latest beta (2.4.9.6), and I unchecked wired headset detection, and now it works like a charm. At least with normal earbuds. Will test in my car, but I don't see it being an issue. Audio still comes out the phone speaker when plugged in, but that's the least of my concerns Smile. Thanks!

subtitles

Back to top Go down

Post by subtitles Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:28 am

Verified working with car audio.

subtitles

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:31 pm

Excellent. Thanks.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by subtitles Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:08 am

You're more than welcome, thanks for keeping this in active development - I certainly appreciate it.

I also documented the case for my manufacturer (and their users) here: http://www.fallingbeam.org/post/55428377628/blu-studio-5-0-headphone-jack-audio-out-aux-volume

subtitles

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:18 am

Nice. Thanks. I may release Beta 2.4.9.6 as a full release. The Text-to-Speech settings may not always work well in all cars (when sending audio to Bluetooth mono), so I was hesitant in releasing it yet.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down