SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sound about audio not working with multiple Bose headsets w/mics

2 posters

Go down

sound about audio not working with multiple Bose headsets w/mics Empty sound about audio not working with multiple Bose headsets w/mics

Post by thequeenla Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:08 pm

using new version of sound about beta 2.6.1 settings are;
sound about service: on with status
media audio; wired headset with mic
phone call audio; wired headset with mic
alert behavior; wired headset behavior - notification headset only & ringtones; headset only
connectable devices; wired headset detection checked & wired microphone checked

and no with these settings, no audio will go through either of my Bose headsets (quiet comfort 15 or sound true in-ear headset) both with inline mics.
even if i change the settings to let app decide, i still can't get phone ringtones or notifications through my headsets. if the phone rings, and i plug the headsets in, they will work, but the app won't let the audio through.

thequeenla
thequeenla

Back to top Go down

sound about audio not working with multiple Bose headsets w/mics Empty Re: sound about audio not working with multiple Bose headsets w/mics

Post by SoundAbout Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:00 pm

For some reason, I didn't see this post.

You don't need to set "Media audio" and "phone call audio" to "Wired Headset with mic".

Those settings set to "Let app decide" should detect when the headset is plugged in and detect the mic.

Now for the Alert behavior; What version of Android are you using? Does the version of Android you are using have sound profiles? I've found that these profiles will disable certain audio output so that the audio output is not available to SoundAbout.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

sound about audio not working with multiple Bose headsets w/mics Empty wired headset settings not working correctly

Post by thequeenla Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:17 pm

what the older version of sound about would do is when you would plug in a wired headset with mic, all of the audio, ringtones and notifications would go to the headset with no audio from the phones speaker. now, with the new 2.6.1.1 version the sounds go to both the headset and the phones speaker when my settings are set to:
media audio - let app decide
phone call audio - let app decide
alert behavior/wired headset behavior/notifications & ringtones - current phone setting

in trying to get the audio only to be heard through the headset, i changed the alert behavior/wired headset behavior/notifications & ringtones - to headset only for both notifications and ringtones and got no audio for either.

also, the other feature i really miss is when the settings are perfect ( which im still not sure how to achieve) and you unplug the headset, the audio returns to the phone's speaker. im not happy with this version.

im using a samsung galaxy note 3 version 5.0. i have uninstalled and cleared cache and forces stopped and rebooted my phone after the update and i still can't configure this to my liking. damn
thequeenla
thequeenla

Back to top Go down

sound about audio not working with multiple Bose headsets w/mics Empty Re: sound about audio not working with multiple Bose headsets w/mics

Post by thequeenla Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:27 pm

update; with the wired headset behavior for ringtones and notifications set to headset only, the ringtones will play only through the headset and the notification won't and when you unplug the wired headset, all sounds return to the phones speakers.
thequeenla
thequeenla

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:55 pm

So it sounds like it is close.

With alert behavior/wired headset behavior/notifications & ringtones set to headset only, you are getting the ringtones to play from the headset (not the phone speaker), but the notifications won't play from the headset? Is that correct?

One thing to check is the notification volume when the headset is plugged in. Also, go into phone settings, click on "Sounds" and see if the ringtone & notification volumes are linked. I usually keep mine separate.

Also, I created a new Beta version.
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thequeenla Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:41 am

its fixed! thank god. the sound settings were separate, but im not sure how, but i installed the beta version, restarted my phone and tested everything and they all seem to resolved. thanks for your help
thequeenla
thequeenla

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:43 am

Excellent. Thanks.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down