SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cant access the program

2 posters

Go down

Cant access the program Empty Cant access the program

Post by Crash758 Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:05 pm

First, I have been using this app for almost a year. It has solved many of my issues I had when using bluetooth in various vehicles. However, I noticed on the last update (after restarting my phone) that the announce caller id feature stopped working. So, I went to access the app setting (Im using a Samsung Note 4) and when I tapped on the app it froze my phone up. I then restarted my phone and tapped on the app for the license key and it checked for the license, blinked the screen like it was going to open the app, and then went back to original screen where my apps are all listed. I could not access the program settings. So, I followed the advice in a recent post and deleted the data, deleted the cache (on both the license key app and the soundabout app) and then uninstalled the app. I then reinstalled the free soundabout app and then used it to access the program settings and it worked without any problem. I then re-installed the license key app and boom. It went back to freezing my phone up and checking for the license key and still not being able to access the program settings. But, it still seems to work as the announce caller id is working (albeit it used to announce right before the phone actually rang, but this might be a setting somewhere, it now announces 5-7 seconds into the ring). I also have used it in two vehicles via bluetooth and the sound is going to the car speakers and not the phone.

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or my license key somehow got deleted, I am just looking for advice. I just would like to access the program and settings, but for now I have to delete the apps and then reinstall the basic app just to access any program settings.

Thanks.
~Mike

Crash758

Back to top Go down

Cant access the program Empty Re: Cant access the program

Post by SoundAbout Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:57 pm

The issue has been found. It was a permission issue.

The new version has been upload to Google Play.

You can download the latest now here:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Cant access the program Empty Re: Cant access the program

Post by Crash758 Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:04 pm

Thank you!! It is working again now...

Crash758

Back to top Go down