SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galaxy S4 music through 3.5mm, calls through Bluetooth

3 posters

Go down

Galaxy S4 music through 3.5mm, calls through Bluetooth Empty Galaxy S4 music through 3.5mm, calls through Bluetooth

Post by alasdair.vfr Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:20 pm

So I found the thread in the "how do I" forum and either I do not understand what it says there, or there is another issue at hand.

I need to be able to make/answer calls using my bluetooth headset, but want to use the 3.5mm jack to play music in the car.  I spend all day in the car so I really need this to work.

So no matter what setting I put using the app, I can get the audio out through the 3.5 mm pretty easily with the bluetooth set up.  When I make a call however, the music stops playing through the 3.5mm and goes through the bluetooth along with the call, which I don't want.  I just want calls on the bluetooth without interrupting music playback through the aux.

I cannot figure out how to do this.

alasdair.vfr

Back to top Go down

Galaxy S4 music through 3.5mm, calls through Bluetooth Empty Re: Galaxy S4 music through 3.5mm, calls through Bluetooth

Post by alasdair.vfr Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:43 am

So to make it clear, I spend a fair amount of time on the phone; I would like to be able to listen to music in the car.  Do I need two devices to do this?  Or can my S4 play music via 3.5mm while using bluetooth for the call?  I have spent a good amount of time trying to figure this out and all I can find online is how to play music via bluetooth and how to make the phone pause when the phone rings which is the opposite of what I want to do...

alasdair.vfr

Back to top Go down

Galaxy S4 music through 3.5mm, calls through Bluetooth Empty Re: Galaxy S4 music through 3.5mm, calls through Bluetooth

Post by alasdair.vfr Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Anyone?  Bueller?

alasdair.vfr

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:29 pm

With the default settings in SoundAbout, you should be able to plug in the 3.5mm cable, the phone should detect this.  When detected the phone will send an intent that SoundAbout will receive so you can play music through the 3.5mm cable when plugged into the car.  SoundAbout default settings will also allow the phone call to go to Bluetooth phone profile when a phone call comes in.

I have made some updates, so you may want to try the latest Beta Version located in the Beta section HERE
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by googiloo Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:32 pm

What if I want to listen to music over bluetooth and receive calls on 3.5mm cable?

googiloo

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:55 pm

Depends if you want to listen to music over Bluetooth media profile (A2DP), which is meant for music or if you want to listen to music over Bluetooth phone profile (SCO mono).

If you want to listen to music over Bluetooth A2DP and receive calls on 3.5:
1) Set media audio to "Bluetooth A2DP"
2) Set phone call audio to "Wired Headphones", and use the phone's mic.

If you want to listen to music over Bluetooth mono and receive calls on 3.5:
1) Set media audio to "Bluetooth mono", or "Bluetooth mono dynamic"
2) Set phone call audio to "Wired Headphones", and use the phone's mic.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by googiloo Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:56 am

When I set it to A2DP and try to listen to music it switches to speaker

googiloo

Back to top Go down

Post by alasdair.vfr Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:27 pm

I played around with the beta and no matter what I do, when I am listening to music over AUX, when a call comes in the music moves over to the earpiece too (drowns out caller) and I have to pause it. I changed the setting in Poweramp to pause on call and resume when call is ended, but if I am on a long call, I have no music until it is over. I am really starting to think that it is not possible to have 2 sounds coming out of the phone simultaneously and independently.

I am happy to hand over $3 for the full license if/when I can get it working, but as of now the app doesn't change any functionality, as my stock phone settings allow me to designate phone call audio only over BT, and music will default over 3.5mm.

alasdair.vfr

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:49 pm

It depends on the music app. SoundAbout does try to pause the media during a phone call and play it again after the call is complete. The problem with some music apps is that they do this same thing from within their app. They detect a phone call, pause, and try to play again after the call. A media app is going to take precedence over it's own audio, so if it does have settings for phone calls then what ever SoundAbout tries to do will get be ignored.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down