SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freezing phone, unable to end call, unable to either use speaker or earpiece while on call, problem with Total Recall app

2 posters

Go down

Freezing phone, unable to end call, unable to either use speaker or earpiece while on call, problem with Total Recall app Empty Freezing phone, unable to end call, unable to either use speaker or earpiece while on call, problem with Total Recall app

Post by dzoker Mon May 30, 2016 1:24 pm

Hi there,

As a paid user for your app I'm really disappointed in the last 5-6 updates that has been done to this app  Evil or Very Mad . Let me start listing my problems:

My phone:

Note 3
OS 5.0 (AT&T)
Rooted
SoundAbout version 2.6.8.3
SoundAbout PRO version 1.3.1
Among other apps installed I also have an app called Total Recall

1. Every time I make a phone call I can't switch to phone speaker
2. Every time I try to end a call I'm unable to do that and I need to restart the phone.
3. With every new update the phone call sound either comes up through the earpiece only or speaker only
4. Every time I try to make a phone call and TotalRecall is trying to load and record the call it will freeze/crash the TotalRecall app and also freezes the phone.
5. The TotalRecall app displays an error message that says that another phone recording app is installed (this does not happen if I uninstall SoundAbout) on my phone

Please don't tell me to restart my phone or reinstall your app as I've done this probably 50 times. Also please don't tell me that TotalRecall is to blame as this app was working together with SoundAbout prior to the last 5-6 updates.

My last question would be where can we find older versions of your app so I can download the last version that was working on my phone.

Thank you

dzoker

Back to top Go down

Freezing phone, unable to end call, unable to either use speaker or earpiece while on call, problem with Total Recall app Empty Re: Freezing phone, unable to end call, unable to either use speaker or earpiece while on call, problem with Total Recall app

Post by SoundAbout Mon May 30, 2016 2:57 pm

I issue is that there have been a lot of audio changes in Android 5 - 6. Since there are a massive number of Android phones, all with add-ons from the manufacturer, it becomes impossible to test for them all.

Add to that, the fact that Audio is incredibly different on each phone and version of Android.

It is good that you posted. Most people post something on the review list like "Doesn't work".
As you can image, that is useless. By posting here, issues can be worked out and fixed.
I try to work with those having issues to find a common way to work for all versions of Android, and various phones/ROMS.
When I get something that seems to work, I try to get it out to Google Play to attempt to stem the issue.

For you,
It sounds like the microphone needed for Speakerphone and Total Recall must be getting disabled during a phone call. That would explain the message from Total Recall and possibly the freezing.

I will download Total Recall and try to reproduce the issue on my end. The behavior might be different on my S7 vs your Note 3, so If you would like to communicate through email, I can send you updates to test.

For the last part, the Older versions can be found in the forum here:

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Freezing phone, unable to end call, unable to either use speaker or earpiece while on call, problem with Total Recall app Empty Re: Freezing phone, unable to end call, unable to either use speaker or earpiece while on call, problem with Total Recall app

Post by dzoker Mon May 30, 2016 4:19 pm

Great. How can I send you a private message to give you the details?

dzoker

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Mon May 30, 2016 5:13 pm

Actually, you won't have to. I figured it out based on the information you gave. I tested with Total Recall and watched the errors.

Give this version a shot. Just restart the phone (don't have to clear cache):
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/t887-beta-version-2-6-8-4-just-released
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dzoker Mon May 30, 2016 5:52 pm

It looks like it WORKS! You did it again...Awesome. I would suggest that you test all your new versions against Total Recall too since this is a second time that these two apps are conflicting. (first one was when I initially contacted you regarding a similar problem with Total Recall back in January on your woodslink.net email address.)

I will test it some more and give you an update.

Thank you!

dzoker

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Mon May 30, 2016 5:54 pm

Excellent,  good news.  

I think that was the last big issue. I will get it ready for Google Play.

Did the speakerphone respond normally for you as well?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dzoker Mon May 30, 2016 8:06 pm

It looks like all is OK. The only thing that I see is that Total Recall still displays the error message saying that another call recorder app is installed.

dzoker

Back to top Go down

Post by dzoker Mon May 30, 2016 8:12 pm

One more question and I know this is a feature add but is there a way to limit the volume on the phone ring and notification when a wired or any other method is used. The reason is if my phone is set up on max volume and I plug in a wired headset to listen music if a notification comes in the sound is at maximum and pretty uncomfortable. Same with the ring tone.

Thank you

dzoker

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Mon May 30, 2016 8:47 pm

For a wired headset, you can go into SoundAbout:
1) Press "Connectable devices
2) Press "Wired Headset settings"
3) Press "Plug-in Volume On/Off"
4) Set the Volume of the headset when plugged in.

It can't change when the notification comes in. It has to do it right away when plugged in.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dzoker Mon May 30, 2016 9:47 pm

SoundAbout wrote:For a wired headset, you can go into SoundAbout:
4) Set the Volume of the headset when plugged in.

It can't change when the notification comes in.  It has to do it right away when plugged in.

EDIT: I did that but this only limits the media & system volume. The Ringtone & Notification volume stays same or in my case 100%. I just read your post again that it can't change the notification tone, does that also mean that it can't change the ringtone too? What do you mean by
It has to do it right away when plugged in

dzoker

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue May 31, 2016 12:21 am

I meant that the notification volume must be changed as soon as the headset is plugged in.  It can't detect a notification and change the volume before playing the notification audio.

Check out the latest Beta here:

After installing, go into SoundAbout:
4) Set the Media Volume of the headset when plugged in.
5) Set the Ringer Volume of the headset when plugged in.
6) Set the Notification Volume of the headset when plugged in.

Loud Media headset volume will pop up a warning in some Versions of Android.  Marshmallow does pop up a warning.  you must press OK for the volume to be used.

Last edited by SoundAbout on Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dzoker Tue May 31, 2016 7:25 am

Yup. That did it! No pop up.

dzoker

Back to top Go down

Post by dzoker Tue May 31, 2016 10:48 am

Could this also be implemented for when a Bluetooth headset is connected?

dzoker

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue May 31, 2016 11:10 am

Possibly Bluetooth A2DP.   Bluetooth mono could be a problem because of the way it has to connect.

Last edited by SoundAbout on Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dzoker Tue May 31, 2016 2:24 pm

Yea I'm talking A2DP only!

dzoker

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:11 am

It is now ready.

The Bluetooth A2DP volume has to be deeper in the settings. "Connectable devices / Bluetooth settings / Media audio behavior / Initial Volume On/Off.

Can you try the latest Beta located here:
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down