SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persistent bad headphone jack signals (Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus)

2 posters

Go down

Persistent bad headphone jack signals (Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus)  Empty Persistent bad headphone jack signals (Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus)

Post by rscott Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:05 pm

I've been having persistent problems with my speaker cutting out during bluetooth audio playback and all (ear and speaker) phone calls. About a month ago (searching the web), I realized that this is related to the bad headphone plug/unplug signals that seem all too common. I found SoundAbout but it didn't seem to fix the problem (not sure the version, but I tried about 3 weeks ago). It would notify me that it thought the headset was plugged in and that I should change the setting (to ignore) if it was a bad signal. The problem was that the setting was already set to ignore. I should mention that this problem only seems to happen when the device gets a little warm (i.e., I can physically cool it down using my car's air vent and the problem goes away).

Since then, I have replaced the hardware part (jack, speaker, buzzer), but I still have the same problem. Next, I rooted the phone and installed a 4.3 ROM, but I still have the same problem. Yesterday, I came back to SoundAbout since that seems to be the solution pointed to the most (install, change setting to ignore, reboot). I still have the same problem. I'm posting here because I've run out of things to try. Please let me know if you see something I'm missing. I'd love SoundAbout to work for me.

rscott

Back to top Go down

Persistent bad headphone jack signals (Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus)  Empty Re: Persistent bad headphone jack signals (Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus)

Post by SoundAbout Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:44 am

Sorry, I didn't notice this post before.

Did you try the setting/reboot mentioned here?
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/t13-main-speaker-ear-speaker-and-or-microphone-not-working
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down