SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corrupted earphones jack on Samsung Galaxy S5

2 posters

Go down

Corrupted earphones jack on Samsung Galaxy S5 Empty Corrupted earphones jack on Samsung Galaxy S5

Post by Chapi Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:40 pm

Hi,
My earphones jack on the galaxy s5 is dead meaning my phone always indicates as if connected to earphones.
The earphones indicator is always showing up and I cannot hear anything on the speakers and headset.
Connecting earphones to the earphones jack do work.
Technician indicated that the plug replacement doesn't help as something went wrong on the main board (the phone got wet at some point)

That makes the phone impossible to use as i wont be putting on the earphones 24/7...
I tried using SoundAbout without luck, still audio was not heard on the headset and speakers (tried reboot and several different configurations).
I would have assumed that the Android system earphones jack connected can be simply disabled with SoundAbout...
May it be that the app won't help in the case of real hardware problem?
Thanks!

Chapi

Back to top Go down

Corrupted earphones jack on Samsung Galaxy S5 Empty Re: Corrupted earphones jack on Samsung Galaxy S5

Post by Chapi Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:30 pm

Is this the right app for me or am I wasting my time? silent silent

Chapi

Back to top Go down

Corrupted earphones jack on Samsung Galaxy S5 Empty Re: Corrupted earphones jack on Samsung Galaxy S5

Post by Chapi Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:26 am

SoundAbout? Can you please explain how the app is working and if it can override the hardware indicating earphones connectivity?

Chapi

Back to top Go down

Post by callapa Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:48 am

I have the exact same problem and same happened with soundabout. I need it to totally null headphones jack so I only use speakers

callapa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down