SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Samsung Galaxy S3 call issues

3 posters

Go down

Samsung Galaxy S3 call issues Empty Samsung Galaxy S3 call issues

Post by flashman Wed May 15, 2013 1:07 pm

I have just loaded the trial version for my Galaxy S3 as I was having an issue with the wired headset. I could plug it in and listen to music, but the phone would not work through the headset. If, while the phone was ringing, I could unplug and plug my headset, I could use if for the call, then once I hung up, I would have to be in a call, then unplug and plug again for it to work.

I installed this app with the following:
Wired Headset detection - check
Wired Headset microphone - check
Notifications to Speaker - not checked
Media audio... Let app decide
Phone call audio.... Let app decide

Same problem I had before. I then set phone call audio to Wired Headset (with Mic). After such, I made a phone call with my headset! However, any calls following that resulted in the initial problem and went to the speaker, not the headset. I could then either plug and unplug or change and change back the Phone call audio setting Let app decide. Also, when I unplug the headset, I have to go back in to the application to change the Phone call audio setting back to Let app decide.

All I want to do is to be able to use my wired headset to listen to music and make calls when it is plugged in and automatically go back to the phone itself when uplugged. Any suggestions? I would have no issues paying for this app if I could get the trial to work.

flashman

Back to top Go down

Samsung Galaxy S3 call issues Empty Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 call issues

Post by JEShore Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:58 am

If anyone is still checking this thread....
I have exactly the same issue.  My work around was disabling the Mic (Ignore Mic on wired headset).  This allowed me to hear the phone call and use the built in Mic on the phone itself.  Not a pretty solution but at least it allows the wired headset speakers to work.
Samsung told me that using any 3rd party headset might damage the equipment.  Seems like it is already damaged.  Soundabout is a great solution.

JEShore

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:07 am

Yes, the S3 has a lot of compatibility issues.

There is a thread on this here: https://soundabout.forumotion.com/t20-wired-headset-microphone-not-working?highlight=headset+mic
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down