SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to route phone audio to Bluetooth when wired headset is connected?

2 posters

Go down

How to route phone audio to Bluetooth when wired headset is connected? Empty How to route phone audio to Bluetooth when wired headset is connected?

Post by BradM Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:04 pm

Here is the situation I am trying to potentially solve with your SoundAbout app. My Verizon LG G2 is connected via Bluetooth to my Nissan Juke. The Juke supports the phone Bluetooth profile only. So, in order to listen to music or an audio book that's on my G2, I use a stereo patch cable to connect my G2 headphone jack to my car's auxiliary in port. This works fine for that part.

The problem comes when I get an incoming call. When I answer, the caller can hear me but I can't hear them unless I unplug the auxiliary patch cable. I assume that's because my G2 thinks headphones are plugged in so it's routing the phone audio to the headphone instead of the Bluetooth connection. You would think that would work, but it doesn't. I suspect that my car system is expecting the phone audio to come across the Bluetooth connection and is ignoring the auxiliary input during the call.

So, when I saw this app, it sounded like I could use it to force the call audio to the Bluetooth connection instead of to the headphone in this situation. Will it do that? And, if so, how do I go about setting that up? And, is that a pro version option?

Ideally, it would be best to only do this when both a phone Bluetooth profile is active and patch cable (no microphone) is plugged in.

BradM

Back to top Go down

How to route phone audio to Bluetooth when wired headset is connected? Empty Re: How to route phone audio to Bluetooth when wired headset is connected?

Post by SoundAbout Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:04 am

Did you try SoundAbout in the car? The default settings should accomplish what you are looking for.

If you phone doesn't have an issue with detecting if a wired headphone is plugged in, then the "media audio" set to "Let app decide" should detect the 3.5mm cable and route the audio to the car speakers. When a phone call comes in the "phone call audio" set to "Let app decide" should detect that the Bluetooth phone profile is connected for the car an route the audio to the car.

I'm surprised that the phone call audio didn't go through the 3.5mm cable to the car speakers (before SoundAbout). It may be because the version of Android or the kernel won't use the headset jack unless it detects that a microphone is built-in to the headset (3.5mm cable in your case).

You may have to open SoundAbout once to get the service running.

If you have already updated the settings to play around, you can get them back to default by:
1) Go into phone settings.
2) Click on Manage apps
3) Find SoundAbout,click it
4) Clear cache, clear data, force stop. Go back to home screen.
5) Run SoundAbout. It will recheck license and use default settings.

If it doesn't work, try the newest Beta version located here:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions

Let me know how it goes.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

How to route phone audio to Bluetooth when wired headset is connected? Empty Re: How to route phone audio to Bluetooth when wired headset is connected?

Post by BradM Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:55 am

I haven't had a chance to try this out yet. Maybe this weekend. I'll report back when I do.

BradM

Back to top Go down

Post by BradM Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:14 pm

I found time and another phone to do some testing. I think SoundAbout is working and has solved my problem. Based on these results I will be purchasing the pro version. Looking forward to Tasker integration.

BradM

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:19 pm

Ok. Thanks.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down