SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Audio and phone thru BT and then phone thru wired "headset with mic" when plugged in.

2 posters

Go down

Audio and phone thru BT and then phone thru wired "headset with mic" when plugged in. Empty Audio and phone thru BT and then phone thru wired "headset with mic" when plugged in.

Post by swieder Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:23 pm

New user of SA and was hoping to solve a minor annoyance.  

Here is my typical scenario.  I am driving my car listening to streaming audio via BT.  My phone rings.  I answer the call via BT.  I than want to switch to a wired headset with mic.  After I plug in the headset, I want the phone to automatically switch to the headset with mic.  Right now I have to manually select "wired headset" from the drop down menu on Google dialer.  I was hoping to use SA to make that change automatically based on the headset being plugged in.

Similarly, when I want to make a call, I normally plug in the headset, dial the number and than manually select "wired headset" from the Google Dialer.  Again I was hoping to use SoundsAbout to make that change automatically based on the headset being plugged in.

I have tried a variety of options along with phone reboots, but can seem to find the right combination of settings.

My phone is Moto Pure X running 5.1.1.  Rooted, Custome bootloader, Xposed. (3 days old and so nice)

Can anyone help with some suggestions?

thanks,
Scott

swieder

Back to top Go down

Audio and phone thru BT and then phone thru wired "headset with mic" when plugged in. Empty Re: Audio and phone thru BT and then phone thru wired "headset with mic" when plugged in.

Post by SoundAbout Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:52 pm

My phone switches to wired headset when I plug it in, in the middle of a phone call.

I also have this SoundAbout setting off:
1) Open SoundAbout
2) Press Connectable Devices
3) Press Bluetooth Settings
4) Press Phone call behavior
5) Un-check "Disable wired audio"

This allows both the Wired Headset, earpiece and Bluetooth to work in the phone app.  It sounds like you can do this, so I'm guessing that you already have "Disable wired audio" unchecked.  

Let me look at what happens when you set the SoundAbout "Phone call audio" in this scenario.  Maybe if you set "Phone call audio" to "Wired Headset (with mic)" and no headset is plugged in, it can default back to Bluetooth.  Then if you plug in a wired headset, it will detect it and use the "Wired Headset (with mic)" setting by disconnecting the Bluetooth connection (until the call is over).

Last edited by SoundAbout on Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Audio and phone thru BT and then phone thru wired "headset with mic" when plugged in. Empty Re: Audio and phone thru BT and then phone thru wired "headset with mic" when plugged in.

Post by swieder Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:18 am

Disable wired audio is un-checked.

I changed the "Phone call audio" to "wired headset with mic." For my first test it worked! However, after a bit more testing the "Phone call audio" setting reverted back to "Let App Decide."

I also received a warning about a conflict with the Bluetooth settings. I replied to the warning with "ignore"

If I can get the "Phone call audio"setting to stick than I should be good to go. Any suggestions on how to make the setting not revert back?

I am happy to try a test version of you app, if you think that it might help.

thanks,
Scott

swieder

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:34 pm

The Bluetooth warning is normal as people typically want phone calls to go through Bluetooth and forget the "Phone call audio" setting is set to "Wired headset".

The reason the setting reverts back to "Let app decide" is the same. The idea is that you are forcing phone calls through a wired headset, and when you un-plug that wired headset, then you must be done with that setting. Also, if you forget that setting, you can go nuts trying to figure out way Bluetooth won't work.

I will take a look at checking if a wired headset is plugged in. If no headset is plugged in, when the setting is on "Wired headset", then I can check what other connections are available and possibly switch to Bluetooth. This becomes a problem for people with phones that need the "detect wired headphones" setting turned off (because their phone keeps sending signal that a headset is plugged in when it is not).
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:07 am

Can you try the latest Beta version located here:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions

This one should not revert back.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down