SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

force audio through Bluetooth when Bluetooth headset is connected?

2 posters

Go down

force audio through Bluetooth when Bluetooth headset is connected? Empty force audio through Bluetooth when Bluetooth headset is connected?

Post by thedicemaster Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:14 am

this seems logical, and even "normal behavior", but my phone has a really odd bug.
I have a samsung level link headset, and if I have it connected and I connect to or disconnect from certain wifi networks my audio from then on will be routed through my phone's speaker.
the headset does not disconnect, media controls continue to work and music doesn't pause(the music does "jump" to the speaker)
at this point I need to reconnect my headset, or switch output device in my music app to get audio routed through my headset again.

I was hoping soundabout would help, but the audio still jumps to the speaker when Wi-Fi connects/disconnects.
except for last night when I had the opposite problem, audio refused to switch back to speaker even after my headset was turned off.

any suggestions on how to lock audio to Bluetooth when my Bluetooth headset is connected?

thedicemaster

Back to top Go down

force audio through Bluetooth when Bluetooth headset is connected? Empty Re: force audio through Bluetooth when Bluetooth headset is connected?

Post by SoundAbout Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:48 pm

The Samsung Level Link is more like an audio router.

Are you in Receive, Send, or Auto mode?

It sounds like this device needs to re-pair after it disconnects from a Bluetooth device. It must detect the disconnection from Wifi and automatically search for Bluetooth devices to pair. Is your headset paired and set to the phone as a "trusted device"? This will help the Bluetooth device reconnect automatically.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201505/20150507170054321/EO-RG920_UM_Rev.1.0_150428.pdf
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

force audio through Bluetooth when Bluetooth headset is connected? Empty Re: force audio through Bluetooth when Bluetooth headset is connected?

Post by thedicemaster Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:40 am

the headset is in receive mode.
and it's not disconnecting at all, it continues to control the music and still shows as connected to media audio and phone audio.
yesterday I also discovered that it works in reverse.
if my phone is set to use the speaker it will change output to Bluetooth if I connect to or disconnect from certain networks while the headset is connected.

thedicemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by thedicemaster Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:00 pm

looks like the issue got resolved by installing an OS update.(just got released today, even though Samsung had it ready nearly 2 months ago)
I went from 5.1.1 to 6.0.1 and now audio playback stays on Bluetooth when I turn Wi-Fi on/off.

thedicemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:00 pm

That is good news.   This stuff is enough to drive anyone crazy.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down