SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

carkit ck3100 starts running after phone call

2 posters

Go down

carkit ck3100 starts running after phone call Empty carkit ck3100 starts running after phone call

Post by haakie Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:38 am

Everything is working...but i have one question.
When I end up a call then my carkit starts again running on itself...00:01..00:02 etc like there is a call going on while there is no sound or media.
Then I push the button end call and it is ok.
Till I get a call again and everything starts over?
Can i do something about it?

haakie

Back to top Go down

carkit ck3100 starts running after phone call Empty Re: carkit ck3100 starts running after phone call

Post by SoundAbout Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:50 am

I put a newer Beta version out there. What type of audio are you sending to the carkit? Navigation?

One thing to remember, is that on a lot of newer phones, the manufacturer phone application may behave differently. A lot of them will try to use the headset, if it is plugged in, regardless of SoundAbout trying to force otherwise. The only way around this is to answer the phone call with the Bluetooth headset "answer" button, or the car's "answer" button.

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

carkit ck3100 starts running after phone call Empty Re: carkit ck3100 starts running after phone call

Post by haakie Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:21 am

Thanks...I am now on 2.5.7.2 but the problem is still there.
Also my notifications (whatapp and sms and mail sound) are not played by mono dynamic carkit?

I use tomtom media audio and sometimes music

My settings:
Soundabout services ...on-auto restart
Media audio......bluetooth mono dynamic  (also tried it with let app decide)
Phone call.....let app decide

Bluetooth behaviour:
auto enable
use phone call audio
the rest is off

Thanks in advance

haakie

Back to top Go down

Post by haakie Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:36 pm

I just downloaded 2.5.7.3 and will try with that one...........

my problem was...when i end up a call........my bluetooth mono device start running (like there is a call going on)
I have to force close with the end button of carkit to stop that.
The problem is when i do that.......after that there is no sound from media!!!
till I hit my music (for example) still no sound----close music and start again-----and then I have sound again.
Also ringtones...notifications for mail/sms/whatsapp etc not through carkit.

I will try with this one and let you know

haakie

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:53 pm

After you hang up, something must be trying to send audio. The "media audio"/"Bluetooth (mono) (dynamic)" setting is picking this up and trying to send that audio to through the Bluetooth connection to the car kit.

What are you using the "Bluetooth (mono) (dynamic)" for? Is it any audio or are you listening to a pod cast or getting text read automatically...etc?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:52 am

I just uploaded a new version. Can you try the latest Beta again (restart the phone after installing):

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by haakie Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:36 pm

ok...i downloaded the latest version and will try that.

I use it with navigation on (tomtom) and the directions going to the carspeakers via carkit ck3100 (parrot)

But also no ringtones/notifications via carkit

But I will try it

thanks for your help

haakie

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:12 pm

Ringtones and Notification don't generally go through bluetooth mono connections as the Android audio policy manager blocks them during a "phone call". To get media to go over Bluetooth mono, the app has to fake a phone call so the notifications will get blocked. There may be ROMs and or Kernels out there that change this.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by haakie Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:28 pm

ok...first impression seems to be good!!!
If I run tomtom....sound goes to speakers and when I get a call....audio is ok!
Then I end up the call and the carkit is NOT running anymore........but from that moment there is no sound from tomtom.
I mannually have to play my tomtom directions a few times (in tomtom android)....and then it works again.

So...it is not 100%...but by far the best version for me........KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

One question: you say notifications and ringtones don't go by bluetooth...but what is the option in your app?
Notification behavior: notifications to speaker AND ringtones to speaker?
they both say: using just media preference?

again...thanks a lot for your app!!!

haakie

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:05 pm

Bluetooth mono, especially dynamic, can be very finicky. The Bluetooth mono alone requires making the phone think it is in a phone call. The dynamic part adds listening for audio output from other sources and switching the audio output. With Dynamic audio, SoundAbout has audio focus. When another source takes the audio focus to play a sound, then SoundAbout detects and switches the audio. If you stop that process for a phone call, the other source (Tom Tom), may pause. When the phone call is over, that source would have to request audio focus again for SoundAbout to respond. If the other app doesn't do that, then you have to do it manually.

The notification options in the app are actually for the opposite. Notifications will go where ever their sending tells them to go (most likely not Bluetooth mono). Sometimes the sender of a notification will send it both as a notification and as media. This way it might play on both the speaker and what ever media audio output is being used on the phone. This setting let's you block the speaker part, so you don't disturb others when wearing headphones.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by haakie Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:18 pm

I am now on 2.5.7.6 production version
It is as good as it gets

haakie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down