SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navigation Double Voices missing directions

2 posters

Go down

Navigation Double Voices missing directions Empty Navigation Double Voices missing directions

Post by BuzzLY Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Hi,

I followed your directions to get rid of the "double voices" by deleting all the .ogg files and using the file manager to edit the .zip file. I do get the "ding" instead of the 2 navigation voices. However, I feel that I am missing a set of directions by doing this. When I am approaching an intersection where I would be getting directions, I would get a set of instructions similar to: "In a quarter mile..." "In 200 feet, turn right on <street A>". I feel there is a missing set of instructions after the "In a quarter mile..." This is very every time there is a new set of instructions. I wouldn't hear the street name, or know what to do (turn left or turn right) until the very last minute. Are you aware of this problem? Thanks.

BuzzLY

Back to top Go down

Navigation Double Voices missing directions Empty Re: Navigation Double Voices missing directions

Post by SoundAbout Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:32 pm

It could be due to updating the zip file for double voices as Google Maps is using that file for simple terms like Turn left, In a quarter mile...etc. Unfortunately updating the file in those instructions is the only way to get rid of the double voice. The double voice is strange behavior and happens when Google Maps uses a Text-To-Speech engine that "speaks" on its own instead of returning a transcribed file back to Google Maps.

If you want to return to the old way, you can rename the current zip file to .new and if you backed up the old file, you can try rename the old file from ".bak" to the original ".zip" extension. If you did not back up the original file or you delete the backup, then Google Maps will regenerate it.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down