SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't get rid of double voice on Galaxy S4

2 posters

Go down

Can't get rid of double voice on Galaxy S4 Empty Can't get rid of double voice on Galaxy S4

Post by jaqc19 Thu May 29, 2014 8:11 am

I haven't used Google Maps in a while. When I went to use it a couple days ago, the double voice was back. I followed the instructions to get rid of it like I've done many times, but this time it didn't go away. I am on the latest beta version (2.5.8.0.8 ).

Since the last time I used it, my phone was updated to Kit Kat. I think there was also a Google Maps update since then, so I'm not sure which caused the problem. In either case, I can't seem to get rid of the double voice, and setting a delay just makes the directions confusing, especially for local driving with many turns.

jaqc19

Back to top Go down

Can't get rid of double voice on Galaxy S4 Empty Re: Can't get rid of double voice on Galaxy S4

Post by SoundAbout Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:59 pm

Google Maps may have made some changes that I have to look into.  I've been using Copilot and it is working incredibly well with SoundAbout because it will do ALL instructions through TTS.

If you want to try Copilot, I set Copilot up like this:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/t418-using-google-navigation-waze-or-co-pilot-and-even-ivona-for-the-voices
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Can't get rid of double voice on Galaxy S4 Empty Re: Can't get rid of double voice on Galaxy S4

Post by jaqc19 Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:20 am

I have Copilot as a backup, so I'll give it a try when I have a chance, but I'd much rather use Google maps. It tends to be a lot more up to date and it's easier to find POIs.

jaqc19

Back to top Go down

Post by jaqc19 Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:45 pm

You are right. So far it seems to work beautifully with copilot. I'd rather it work with Google Maps too, but this will work until you come up with a solution.

jaqc19

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:00 am

I don't know if I can.  For an app like SoundAbout to control another app's audio, SoundAbout has to know right before that audio is about to play to route the audio without missing anything.  Text-To-Speech requests are perfect for doing this because the navagation app is asking SoundAbout TTS to create the audio from text.  SoundAbout TTS gets to switch the audio BEFORE sending that text to speech request to the "real" TTS engine.

Google Maps is using a mix of audio.  Some of it is pre-recorded and doesn't require Text-to-speech, so this audio can't be controlled by SoundAbout.  If you try and control ALL audio with SoundAbout by setting the "media audio" setting to "Bluetooth (mono) (dynamic)", then you will miss some of the audio while SoundAbout is switching to Bluetooth mono as it take a second or two to do so.

CoPilot uses Text-To-Speech for each direction which works perfectly for audio switching. It too bad Google Maps didn't have a setting to use TTS for all directions.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down