SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

App solved a tricky Bluetooth problem, but HOW???

2 posters

Go down

App solved a tricky Bluetooth problem, but HOW??? Empty App solved a tricky Bluetooth problem, but HOW???

Post by bobcov Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:38 am

To the author(s) of SoundAbout:
Is there a difference between "Media audio" and "Headset?" Here's the situation I had until I installed your app:
Stereo Bluetooth receiver streams music to powered speakers from my Galaxy S3 or a MacBook
If I disabled the Galaxy Bluetooth or walked out of the house and out of range, the Bluetooth stereo receiver would beep every ten seconds through the speakers, driving the neighbors beeping crazy until I got back home.
If I disabled the MacBook Bluetooth or took it out of range, the stereo bluetooth receiver remained as quiet as a mouse.
Looking into this further today, I was trying to see if it was just wording or something more as a reason why the Mac called the receiver a headset, but the phone called it "media audio." That search led to a forum of people with problems being unable to prevent automatic engagement of "media audio" in their cars. One commenter mentioned your program.
So, I installed your program and now when I disable bluetooth, my bluetooth receiver is quiet and doesn't beep. Before I installed your program, turning off bluetooth would cause the receiving bluetooth unit to beep every ten seconds. What are you doing differently?

-Bob

bobcov

Back to top Go down

App solved a tricky Bluetooth problem, but HOW??? Empty Re: App solved a tricky Bluetooth problem, but HOW???

Post by SoundAbout Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:51 pm

Bob,

That is a bit strange. When Bluetooth Disconnects, SoundAbout just reacts and switches audio to the next item on the list. It checks if a wired headset is connected and if any other audio output is being forced (earpiece, Bluetooth SCO), and will then settle on the phone speaker. It may be the switching of the audio outputs that causes the desired behavior.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

App solved a tricky Bluetooth problem, but HOW??? Empty Re: App solved a tricky Bluetooth problem, but HOW???

Post by bobcov Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:47 am

SoundAbout wrote:Bob,

That is a bit strange.  When Bluetooth Disconnects,  SoundAbout just reacts and switches audio to the next item on the list.  It checks if a wired headset is connected and if any other audio output is being forced (earpiece, Bluetooth SCO), and will then settle on the phone speaker.  It may be the switching of the audio outputs that causes the desired behavior.

Thank you for your thoughts. This has stumped the manufacturer of the receiver, as well. I think it may have something to do with the Bluetooth Alert Level Service.

bobcov

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down