SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2.6.3.2: Problem Solved (Frozen after 1st played message on iGO all versions after 2.6.1.1.2)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2.6.3.2: Problem Solved (Frozen after 1st played message on iGO all versions after 2.6.1.1.2) Empty 2.6.3.2: Problem Solved (Frozen after 1st played message on iGO all versions after 2.6.1.1.2)

Post by Cook Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:40 pm

Hello,

I'm able to reproduce one bug with TTS -> Bluetooth (mono).

With iGO (GPS) and VocalizerEx (Best TTS) sometimes TTS stuck. Stop working. Nothing is sent to Bluetooth (mono) receiver). I can reproduce it by forcing iGO to send a lot of TTS message in same time.

The interesting part of that bug come now. If from that frozen situation I go to Android TTS settings (where SoundAbout TTS is selected) and I press on "Play a sample" the last never played message from iGO is now played immediately followed by sample.

And situation is unfrozen. TTS iGO works again.

My understanding is that last TTS message was put on a buffer somewhere and never played because some conflicting request.
Because there is a message in the buffer iGO receive "busy" and do not send TTS anymore.
Android TTS settings "Play a sample" probably do not check if busy or not, just add sample to the buffer and play ... everything, the old things remain in the stack and the new sample just added.

I believe with this information it should be easy to avoid this situation happen ? if something is stuck somewhere in a buffer, play it after a time-out for example ?

Thanks for this beautifull piece of software, I believe it's not easy to do this kind of software,

Thierry.

Last edited by Cook on Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:51 am; edited 7 times in total

Cook

Back to top Go down

2.6.3.2: Problem Solved (Frozen after 1st played message on iGO all versions after 2.6.1.1.2) Empty Re: 2.6.3.2: Problem Solved (Frozen after 1st played message on iGO all versions after 2.6.1.1.2)

Post by SoundAbout Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:19 pm

Cook,

If you go into the SoundAbout settings, and click on "Text-To-Speech behavior", what is the "max utterance per request" set to?

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

2.6.3.2: Problem Solved (Frozen after 1st played message on iGO all versions after 2.6.1.1.2) Empty Re: 2.6.3.2: Problem Solved (Frozen after 1st played message on iGO all versions after 2.6.1.1.2)

Post by Cook Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:02 pm

max utterance per request = unlimited.

I tried different settings :

max utterance per request = 1 not works too but when it's frozen, it's frozen. Android TTS settings "Play a sample" do nothing. Change to max utterance per request = unlimited then Android TTS settings "Play a sample" this time I have the sample played 2 times and unfrozen.

max utterance per request = 2 same than unlimited.

max utterance per request = 3 same than ulimited.

Same with 2.5.8.0 Exactly same symptoms.

Pico TTS same symptoms (Horrible voice, I forgotten it was so horrible)

TTS -> Bluetooth (A2DP) Same symptoms. Froze. unlock by Android TTS settings "Play a sample" same.

One time I was unable to unlock with Android TTS settings "Play a sample", I put Bluetooth off on my phone and then 1 iGO TTS message then dozen of sample message was played (I pressed sample dozen of time probably)

TTS = VocalizerEx in android settings (dont use SoundAbout TTS anymore) + Media -> Bluetooth (mono) works without freeze.
Nota: With this configuration TTS = VocalizerEx, if I send from iGO dozen of TTS messages, each message interrupt the previous one. With TTS = SoundAbout TTS revious message finish to play before new one start. They are bufferized.

Hope it can help,

Thierry.

Cook

Back to top Go down

Post by Cook Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:11 am

No news ?

It's a pitty I cannot use this beautifull software with iGO.

Even cannot use Media -> Bluetooth (mono dynamic), dynamic don't catch TTS

Can I have any hope ? Can I provide any help to fix it ?

Thanks,

Thierry.

Cook

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:10 am

Bluetooth (mono)(dynamic) won't be able to switch the Bluetooth audio fast enough to use with navigation. That is the reason that Text-To-Speech is used. Using TTS allow for SoundAbout to switch the audio first, and then send the text to the TTS engine to be processed when the audio is ready.

I have Vocalizer TTS, but I don't have iGo. I may have to tweak how the buffer works. If the Max utterance is unlimited, I'm surprised that all the messages don't get played until the end. I will have to look to see what code is holding the process.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cook Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:33 pm

Hello,

I update my phone (Sony Z3 compact) to lollipop 5.0.2 (stock from OTA).

SoundAbout TTS is working from Android settings "play a sample"

If I choose SoundAbout as TTS in Android settings, Option to choose TTS in iGO disappears.

If I choose VocalizerEx as TTS in Android settings, Option to choose TTS in iGO appears again.

So cannot use SoundAbout at all now,

BR,

Thierry.

Cook

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:09 pm

That must be a something iGo is doing to not allow certain TTS Engines I searched and found threads pertaining to other TTS engines that iGo wouldn't use. It may have something to do with the language. If you are in the Android settings and go to the screen to choose a TTS engine; if you choose SoundAbout TTS and click on the cog next to SoundAbout TTS. What Language is being used? Is it "The system language"? Try setting it to English (United States) or what ever language you are using.

From my experience on my phone iGO on a Galaxy S3 uses the phones TTS engine. The TTS installed in iGO just acts as a conduit or an activation file. So first fix or replace the TTS file for iGO. Next go into the phone's settings. Setting - Language and input - Text-to-speech output - choose a TTS engine. For example I have Google Text-to-speech and Samsung TTS. Click the now highlighted settings cog - choose a language. You'll need to look though the settings and choose the options that work best for you. But in the end iGO will use the voice and language you choose in the phone settings, the file in iGO only allows TTS to work. Hope that helps out. -Robert wrote:
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cook Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:03 am

Was "system language". Changed to french. Same problem, not appears in iGO. Strange is it was working with KitKat.

I read that there is some problem with abreviation of "french" for TTS engine. Some use "fr" some "fre" some "fra" some "fr_FR".
Here is one part of iGO TTS configuration file with some parameters looks for TTS engine :

LCID=0x040c
tts_mode_mixed=0
ttsvoice=1
tts_engine="Android"
tts_rate=110
tts_voicename="Voix Android TTS D.T."
tts_langname="fr"

So he looks for a language which is called "fr"

VocalizerEX is set with language "français (France,AUDREY)" and works perfectly with iGO with Lollipop.

Before, with KitKat, I tried Pico TTS (disapeared in Lollipop), Ivona ans Svox. All works with iGO.

I can send you some files (TTS config file for iGO, minimized size iGO itself) if it can help.

Cook

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:39 am

Sorry, been extremely busy at the 8-5 job. I only get a little time at night to look at emails/message board.

I just made some more changes for choose a language for TTS.

Try tonight's beta:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cook Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:10 am

No problem, take your time.

Good change : Now TTS appears in iGO list (But not works, see below)

Bad Change : Now TTS do not works at all even from Android Settings "Play a Sample". "Language not compatible" Nothing is played when pressing on "Play a Sample"

From VocalizerEx language is called "français (France,AUDREY)" and from SoundAbout it is called "français (France)" and is written "not compatible" I think because of this mistmatch.

Cook

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:22 pm

If you change the Android TTS engine to VocalizerEx first and select the desired language, then switch the Android TTS engine to SoundAbout TTS what happens?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cook Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:03 pm

VocalizerEx "français (France,AUDREY)" (AUDREY is the speaker name of VocalizerEx TTS voice) -> OK

SoundAbout "français (France)" There is hundreds of français(XXX) with XXX = country name -> NOT OK

SoundAbout "System language" (whih is french, France) -> NOT OK

NOT OK means Android Settings "Play a sample" play nothing and/or "Play a sample" is greyed. If greyed, line below write "français (France)" is not compatible

My system is French so of course message are french and maybe the words are not the same I translate the best I can.

If You have VocalizerEx You can try I think. Language is available for free here : http://www2.freedomscientific.com/downloads/VocalizerExpressive/VocalizerExpressive.asp

Just download, install on your PC and copy the langage files (dont remember where setup put it but easy to find) to the phone

Cook

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:41 pm

I use CoPilot for navigation. When selecting the TTS, I have to select: US english: com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix.

(It's the original name space I used way back).

Is there a setting in iGO to select the TTS engine?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cook Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:32 am

In iGO you select one config file with tons of settings inside.

interesting ones for TTS are:

LCID=0x040c
tts_mode_mixed=0
ttsvoice=1
tts_engine="Android"
tts_rate=110
tts_voicename="Voix Android TTS D.T."
tts_langname="fr"

user is not supposed to modify config files

But with last Beta it's not an iGO problem anymore. TTS appears in iGO list.

But TTS is not working anymore even from android settings "play a sample"

Cook

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:04 pm

I wonder if the tts_langname=fr was changed to tts_langname=fr-FR , if it would work?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cook Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:30 am

Unfortunately I'm unable to modify this config file. This config file is inside a .zip package. Normally just modify config file and insert back in .zip package is OK but not for this package, with lollipop, if I touch the config file, even just open and save iGO crash on start.

Please note :

2.6.1.1.3 -> Appears OK in iGO list but TTS not working at all even from Android settings "play a sample"

2.6.1.1 -> Not Appears in iGO but TTS is working normally, for example from Android settings "play a sample"

So a mix of 2.6.1.1 and 2.6.1.1.3 should works

Thanks.

Cook

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:52 pm

OK, sets see if adding language as well as language-country into the TTS language list will work since your config as fr instead of fr-FR.

Try the latest Beta here:
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cook Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:25 pm

Tested with all versions.

2.6.1.1    -> TTS OK / iGO Not Show
2.6.1.1.0 -> TTS OK / iGO Not Show
2.6.1.1.1 -> TTS OK / iGO Not Show
2.6.1.1.2 -> TTS OK / iGO Not Show
2.6.1.1.3 -> TTS Not OK / iGo Show
2.6.1.1.4 -> TTS Not OK / iGo Show

TTS Not OK means :
- Android "Play a sample" don't works or greyed
- Reboot with SoundAbout selected as TTS engine and whole android TTS engine hang. Impossible to select other engine. Grayed everywhere. Seems wait for something. Need to reboot.
- Sometimes write "not compatible"

From 2.6.1.1.3 problem now have no link with iGO or Blutooth. I keep every setting as default. For every version I test I Just :
1- install SoundAbout.
2- select again VocalizerEx as TTS engine for SoundAbout.
3- double check langage are same (they are)
4- press on "play a sample"

Cook

Back to top Go down

Post by Cook Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:04 pm

SoundAbout wrote:I wonder if the tts_langname=fr was changed to tts_langname=fr-FR  , if it would work?
Cook wrote:Unfortunately I'm unable to modify this config file.

OK I success to modify this config file so I can confirm with :

tts_langname="fr_FR"

SoundAbout TTS 2.6.1.1 appears in iGO list and working.

So the problems was caused by :

tts_langname="fr"

Maybe You can correct that to accept usual strings for each language ? For example, french usual strings are "fr" or "fr_FR" ou "FRA".

Now need to test if Original problem (TTS frozen sometime) is still there.

2.6.1.1 => Unfortunately yes, original problem as described in message 1 is still there. Any chance to see this solved ?

2.6.1.1.2 => Worst.
- With iGO and 2.6.1.1 to froze I need to play multiple message at same time and message seems stuck in the stack.
- With 2.6.1.1.2 it's froze at the end of 1st message. Straight.

Thanks.

Cook

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:45 pm

Cook,

I create a new Beta version.  It has some fixes for TTS.  I've been playing around with using VocalizerEx TTS.

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cook Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:56 pm

Hello,

2.6.1.1.5 -> Not OK
2.6.2.1 -> Not OK

SoundAbout service seems close/restart (notification appears/disapears) and I'm even not able to select the TTS engine in Android settings / SoundAbout settings. It's crash before I had a chance to set it.

The only version works is 2.6.1.1 (except the froze due to message stuck in stack when play many message in same time make TTS -> Bluetooth mono unusable from iGO)

Cook

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:50 am

OK, I just uploaded another new version:

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cook Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:59 am

2.6.2.2 Worst. Android settings force close sometimes. No chance to select TTS engine or TTS language. Crash before (SoundAbout Notification appears/disapears).

From 2.6.1.1.3 on my system Sony Z3 compact with stock, not rooted, ROM 5.0.2 SoundAbout is not usable at all.

Cook

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:11 am

Can you change the TTS engine to Google and then back to SoundAbiut TTS?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cook Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:00 am

Google (Pico ?) is not installed anymore on 5.0.2. Seems there is no TTS engine at all in Sony stock rom since lollipop.

When I update SoundAbout from 2.6.1.1 to latest 2.6.2.1.

- SoundAbout was selected as TTS engine before
- Go to Android setup
- SoundAbout is selected and soundabout notification appears disapears (multiple crashs ?)
- Default language show "language checking"
- Cannot change TTS engine
- After a while "langage checking" change to "not compatible"
- Able to change to my only one TTS engine, VocalizerEx, working perfectly
- Select soundabout again
- Selected and this time says "compatible"
- Go to settings of sounabout
- Language says french(France) (good)
- Go to SoundAbout TTS
- TTS engine clear
- Able to select TTS Engine VocalizerEx TTS
- Dialog box "would you like to use with SoundAbout or VocalizerEx 1 time / every time" same dialog box like when click on a document file.
- Choose VocalizerEx. Nothing happen. ???
- Play a sample works !!!
- Language is french(France) everywhere.
- Start iGO
- Try TTS
- Only 1st message is played correctly then nothing else played.

As a resume :

-> Need to deselect and reselect SoundAbout as TTS engine after soundabout update. Before that seems soundabout do strange things during a while and during this time it's impossible to do something (like deselect soundabout as TTS engine)

-> In iGO frozen after 1st played message. This behavior apeared with version 2.6.1.1.2. Before 2.6.1.1.2 need send many TTS message to froze with last mssage stay on the stack and played wen press "play a sample". Now froze at the end of 1st iGO played TTS message and nothing on the TTS stack. "play a sample" just play a sample and nothing else. But TTS from iGO stay block. Until iGO reboot.

REMARK:

=> With VocalizerEX as TTS engine (direct) from iGO when I play multiple TTS message in same time, the current played message is aborted to play the next one.

=> With SoundAbout -> VocalizerEx as TTS engine from iGO when I play multiple message in same time, the current message is never aborted but always played until it's end and then problem happens.

Why SoundAbout do not act as TTS engine ? abort current played message to be able to play next one ?

Cook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next