SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bluetooth Headset: No sound from Bluetooth mic, no sound from Skype

2 posters

Go down

Bluetooth Headset: No sound from Bluetooth mic, no sound from Skype Empty Bluetooth Headset: No sound from Bluetooth mic, no sound from Skype

Post by Nepomuk Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:46 am

Hello Guys,

Im trying to solve the following issue with your app:

Hardware:
-Samsung Galaxy S3 with Cyanogenmod 11
-Midland BT City Bluetooth Stereo Headset (Phone & Media)

The basic thing I want to do is to use the Headset for ALL audio and the microphone, including phone calls, google voice and an intercom app called "android intercom". Audio quality is not of great importance so it should all be routed through the "phone" protocol.

While phone calls and listening to music are working great, i have the following problems:

-android intercom, google voice and skype is always using the phone microphone, not the headset mic.
-skype is always routed through the phones speakers, not the headset.

My current settings are:
Media audio - bluetooth (mono)
phone call audio - bluetooth (mono)
NOT using Bluetoothe A2DP device when media audio is set to (Let App Decide)
USING Bluetoothe mono device when Media Audio is set to (Let App Decide)
NOT using Bluetooth mono device, when audio detected, and media audio is set to (Let App Decide)
USING Bluetooth mono microphone regardless of the media audio setting

I am currently using the free version of soundabout but I would upgrade to pro if it can solve my problems.

What would I have to do so my setup works?

Thank you very much,

Nepomuk

Nepomuk

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth Headset: No sound from Bluetooth mic, no sound from Skype Empty Re: Bluetooth Headset: No sound from Bluetooth mic, no sound from Skype

Post by SoundAbout Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:04 am

I just noticed this post. I believe Skype is updating the audio routing from within their app, so the issue is that they cancel out anything that SoundAbout tries to do. SoundAbout routes the audio to Bluetooth mono, and then you get a call from Skype. Skype will then route the audio itself thus changing the audio routing that SoundAbout changed.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down