SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Android 4.1.2 vs 4.2.2

2 posters

Go down

Android 4.1.2 vs 4.2.2 Empty Android 4.1.2 vs 4.2.2

Post by BuzzLY Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:43 pm

Hi,

So when I was running SoundAbout on Android 4.1.2 to reroute my navigation directions to my bluetooth mono device, I would just lose a second of navigations which wasn't a big deal. When I upgraded to Android 4.2.2, I'm losing a lot more than a second of navigation. It's to the point where I see an incoming call on my car (due to the way notifications come in) and then it disconnects right away without saying anything.

I've tried using the SoundAbout TTS in the beta versions, but I didn't have any luck with that either. If i leave max utterance to unlimited, it reads off all the directions and then stops giving directions following that. If I leave max utterance at 1, the notification comes in, and never disconnects. If I end the "call" using my car, all soundabout notifications stop getting routed.

I did some research and it appears that Android 4.2.2 had a bluetooth fix to assist with ad2p streaming. Maybe that may cause a delay in bluetooth mono routing?

BuzzLY

Back to top Go down

Android 4.1.2 vs 4.2.2 Empty Re: Android 4.1.2 vs 4.2.2

Post by SoundAbout Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:55 am

Yes, Android 4.2.2 has changed the Bluetooth drivers for some phones. My phone does not work as well when trying to dynamically connect to Bluetooth mono.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down