SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phone call not routed through car speakers

2 posters

Go down

Phone call not routed through car speakers Empty Phone call not routed through car speakers

Post by lan_sa Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:51 pm

Hallo.
With this great app, eventually I got Cyberon Voice Commander working with my car system.
However now I have the following problem: when I make a phone call, even if the phone stays BT connected to the car system, the call is NOT routed through car speakers and I have to talk to the phone.
The problem is that the phone call uses A2DP while Cyberon requires media routed through BT mono dynamic.
In detail, I have to set BT mono dynamic for both Media Audio (general section) and Media Audio in Voice Search Behavior. Only in this way Cyberon works but phone calls don't.

Have you any suggestion please?

lan_sa

Back to top Go down

Phone call not routed through car speakers Empty Re: Phone call not routed through car speakers

Post by SoundAbout Tue May 24, 2016 3:01 am

Sorry,

The regular 9 - 5 job has been hectic.

New versions have just been uploaded to Google play that will address this issue.

You can also get them now from the Beta section located here (need a login to the message board). There is also Betas for SoundAbout and SoundAbout Pro.
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Phone call not routed through car speakers Empty Re: Phone call not routed through car speakers

Post by lan_sa Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:06 pm

thank you for your reply.
I downloaded and installed the last version and things go better: the application is much more stable however I still have the following problem.
If I launch a phone call from the phone, it is correctly routed through the car system speakers.
Instead if I launch a phone call using the voice command through Google, I can hear a voice, through car speakers, that the phone call is being dialled but, when the phone screen switches to the phone pad interface, then BT connection is lost and the phone call is routed through phone speakers.

Instead, if you receive a phone call, it is correctly routed through car speakers.
However, once you finish, the voice is not routed through car speakers any more, in any situation (i.e. you have lost the voice command): you have to restart the phone and it starts working again.

I tried many combinations of settings but I couldn't find a solution.
It seems that the application doesn't manage the change of "protocol" between voice control and phone call and, if the changing is forced (i.e. you receive a phone call), then it is set in that new mode and the voice control is lost.

I am available to test different settings if you think it can help to narrow down the problem.

Thank you!

lan_sa

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:00 am

lan_sa wrote:
The problem is that the phone call uses A2DP while Cyberon requires media routed through BT mono dynamic.

Phone calls are never routed through A2DP. A2DP is used for Bluetooth media, like music and possibly navigation.

BT mono, is normally used for phone calls, but SoundAbout can use it to stream directions and other audio at a lower quality than A2DP.

If you are using Google to launch a voice command though the car speakers, I need to know:

1) Is the car radio set to Bluetooth media (A2DP), and is that how Google is playing the voice through the car speakers. If so, you microphone you are using must be the phone's built-in mic.
2) Are you using Google Now's Bluetooth headset feature that will allow Google voice commands through Bluetooth? This normally doesn't work in the car and only with headsets.
3) Are you using the SoundAbout Voice Search Icon, which will turn on Bluetooth mono, so you can say the command through the car microphone and listen to the response through the car speakers all using Bluetooth mono?

It sounds like you are using #1. I tried this on a Bluetooth headset that allows both Bluetooth A2DP for media and Bluetooth mono for phone calls.

I have to speak to Google through the phone speaker, and it replies through Bluetooth A2DP. After saying "Dialing the number", the headset switches to Bluetooth mono and the phone call goes through.

I will upload the latest Beta soon. There have been some issues with audio going back to the phone speaker and it may resolve your issue.

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down