SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notification volume low in wired headset

2 posters

Go down

Notification volume low in wired headset Empty Notification volume low in wired headset

Post by ckappler Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:32 am

I have been using SoundAbout for almost a year with a pillow speaker to help me get notifications at night without waking up my wife.

I recently updated both my OS version and my version of SoundAbout.  After this dual-upgrade, plugging a headset in seems to cut the notification volume so low that they no longer wake me up.  My Android phone is a Galaxy S5 (SM-G900V), and also updated its OS version to 6.01 at the same time as I updated my SoundAbout to 4.1.

Since my android OS doesn't send notifications to the headset when SoundAbout is not installed,  I'm assuming that it's the new version of SoundAbout that has changed my in-headset notification volume.

I rely on nighttime notifications both for work and for managing a health issue, so I would love to be able to go back to what I had a month ago.  This app has been great for me, but I'm going to have to go back to putting my phone in my pillow and hoping that it doesn't catch fire.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

chris

ckappler

Back to top Go down

Notification volume low in wired headset Empty Re: Notification volume low in wired headset

Post by ckappler Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:50 am

I just did a little more testing, and the notification volume control in android has no effect on the volume of notifications when they play through the wired headset. Since SoundAbout is sending the notifications to the wired headset, I wonder if maybe SoundAbout can't read the notification volume level in Android 6.01 for some reason.

My media volume control works fine in the wired headset.

ckappler

Back to top Go down

Notification volume low in wired headset Empty Re: Notification volume low in wired headset

Post by SoundAbout Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:54 am

I'm trying to catch up on all the email.

There are some recent fixes that may help that issue in the latest Beta Version.

In SoundAbout, look at the settings in "Connectable devices" / "Wired Headset settings" / "Initial Volume On/Off" (turn on) / "Initial Notification Volume"

You can try it out by downloading it from here:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions

- Dave

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down