SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't enable silent or vibrate mode when notification/ringtone set wired headset+phone speaker

2 posters

Go down

Can't enable silent or vibrate mode when notification/ringtone set wired headset+phone speaker Empty Can't enable silent or vibrate mode when notification/ringtone set wired headset+phone speaker

Post by nalf Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:15 am

Hi,

The default behavior for my phone when a wired headset is plugged in is to reroute all sounds to the headset.
I like to leave my headset plugged in because I always use to speak on the phone, so it's easier if it's already plugged in when I answer a call, but with this new phone I can't hear the ringtone.

I'd like the ringtones and notifications to go to both the phone speaker and the headset. So in SoundAbout I chose the option "Phone Speaker + Headset (override)". But whenever I want to put the phone in vibrate or silent mode (when I'm at work, for instance), my phone just reverts back to ringing mode (which doesn't happen when SoundAbout is not running).

Is there something I've missed to make it work like I want it to?
Or maybe the actual option I need, which doesn't appear to exist, would be "Current Phone setting (speaker + headset) ?

Thank you

Wiko U Feel
Android 6.0
SoundAbout 2.6.8.8 from Google Play
SoundAbout Pro Key 1.3.2 from Google Play

nalf

Back to top Go down

Can't enable silent or vibrate mode when notification/ringtone set wired headset+phone speaker Empty Re: Can't enable silent or vibrate mode when notification/ringtone set wired headset+phone speaker

Post by SoundAbout Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:44 am

SoundAbout can block the notifications and ringer from playing on the speaker, so that it only plays on the headset. It sounds like you want the opposite and want to force the ringer to play from the speaker even when a headset is plugged in.

Having the notification/ringer sound initially come from the speaker can vary on different versions of Android (or ROMs), different phones, etc.

It sounds like you have the correct setting "Phone Speaker + Headset (override)".

If the audio is not being sent to the speaker, there is not much SoundAbout can do.

There have been some fixes to these settings since 2.6.8.8, so give the latest version try.

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down