SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bluetooth with Prius 2008 and Galaxy S4 stopped working

4 posters

Go down

Bluetooth with Prius 2008 and Galaxy S4 stopped working Empty Bluetooth with Prius 2008 and Galaxy S4 stopped working

Post by mikegedzelman Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:02 pm

I have been using Soundabout Pro with a 2008 Prius and Galaxy S4 for several months without a problem. All of a sudden, if I make a Bluetooth phone call, there's no audio. If I uninstall Soundabout, it works fine. Reinstall and it breaks again. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

mikegedzelman

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth with Prius 2008 and Galaxy S4 stopped working Empty Re: Bluetooth with Prius 2008 and Galaxy S4 stopped working

Post by SoundAbout Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:23 pm

Is there a headset cable plugged in?

Some phones will connect to Bluetooth before a wired headset, others won't (which may be your case)

I used to just disable wired headset output when Bluetooth phone is in use. I put in a new setting to make this optional.

If your phone wants to connect to a wired headset over Bluetooth, you can go into SoundAbout "Bluetooth behavior" and check the "Disabled wired audio" setting.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth with Prius 2008 and Galaxy S4 stopped working Empty Re: Bluetooth with Prius 2008 and Galaxy S4 stopped working

Post by mikegedzelman Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:32 pm

No, there is no headset cable plugged in. This has always been working and all of a sudden it is failing.

mikegedzelman

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:39 pm

First, be sure you go into the Bluetooth behavior section and make sure the "Phone call audio usage" is still checked.

The phone could have an issue where it sends a signal that a headset is plugged in when it is not.

Try this:

1) Set the SoundAbout Service to "ON - Foreground".
2) Go into the "Notification behavior" section and check the "Status Bar Notification" setting (if you are running Android 4.3 this will always be on when running in Foreground as Android forces it now).
3) Now there will be a constant SoundAbout icon in the notification status bar.  You can drag it down to see where the audio is being routed.  When you attempt to make a Bluetooth call, see when this notification says.  If it says "Wired Headphones" or "Wired Headset (with mic)" then you may have to go into the "Bluetooth behavior" section and check the "Disable wired audio" setting.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikegedzelman Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:58 pm

When I make a call, the status says "Bluetooth (mono) in use for phone call"

mikegedzelman

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:00 am

That is the correct route.  

Just to be sure can you go into "Bluetooth behavior" section and check the "Disable wired audio" setting.

Also, is it connecting but you just can't hear anything? Did you also try turning up the volume button while in a phone call to sure the volume didn't get turned all the way down?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikegedzelman Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:15 am

I checked "Disable wired audio" and that has fixed the problem Smile

Thank you very much!!!!

I'm still wondering why this stopped working but we might never know.

mikegedzelman

Back to top Go down

Post by NCTurner Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:51 am

I have had this exact same issue, which started today. I've been using Soundabout for a while, and it's been working flawlessly. Then today, just as the original posted stated, if I got a call in my car, there was simply no audio on either end of the conversation. I tried it also with my BT headset, and it did the same thing. There had to be something that changed that caused this. I will try your 'fix' but I also use a wired headset at times as well, and I hate to have to constantly switch that setting on/off.

By the way, I also have the S4. Please fix? Thanks!

NCTurner

Back to top Go down

Post by NCTurner Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:01 am

Update: I did try disabling the "wired headset" but I'm still having the problem. I have an S4, with a Jawbone BT headset. I am using the Pro version of SA. I set SA to run in the foreground so I could see what it's doing. Before a call it says "phone speaker in use for media."

When I make a call, I hear the BT disconnect, and the audio switches to my handset, and SA says (in the notification bar) "Built in earpiece speaker in use for phone call." After the call ends, the BT reconnects.

I have virtually all of the settings to "let app decide."

Help? Smile

NCTurner

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:59 am

In "Bluetooth behavior", did you accidentally un-check the "Phone call audio usage" setting?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:38 am

Also, I have a new Beta version in the Beta list, if you would like to give it a try.
Try the latest version. They are located here:
https://soundabout.forumotion.com/f8-download-beta-versions
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NCTurner Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:55 pm

SoundAbout wrote:In "Bluetooth behavior", did you accidentally un-check the "Phone call audio usage" setting?
Thank you! This did the trick (checking the "phone call audio usage" setting.) I am not sure what happened, as SA was working 2 days ago, and just stopped yesterday (I hadn't made any changes on it since I installed it a few weeks ago.) Anyway, I appreciate your prompt reply, and your work on this program! Keep up the great work!

NCTurner

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:07 pm

OK, great. Thank you.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mpayne4810 Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:48 pm

mikegedzelman wrote:I checked "Disable wired audio" and that has fixed the problem Smile

Thank you very much!!!!

I'm still wondering why this stopped working but we might never know.

I was experiencing the same issue with suddenly no audio to my BT or phone when BT was enabled. Checking the Disable Wired Audio fixed it for me as well. I believe the issue started after taking the SA updates over the weekend. I've confirmed that all is back to normal now, including using my wired aux out to my car stereo and switching to BT when making a call. Thanks!

mpayne4810

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:52 pm

Yes, you are correct. I just uploaded a new version where you won't need the "disable wired audio" unless you physically have a wired headset plugged in.

The bug introduced in SoundAbout version 2.5.7.7 occured on some phones even if you did not have a wired headset plugged in. The "Disable wired audio" setting would resolve the issue either way.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down