SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No sound through HDMI when SoundAbout runs

3 posters

Go down

No sound through HDMI when SoundAbout runs Empty No sound through HDMI when SoundAbout runs

Post by endgame Mon May 13, 2013 8:01 pm

Hello,

I have a tablet (Archos G80) for which I have two setups which work nicely:
1) The Archos is hooked to my receiver through mini HDMI cable and I hear music through the receiver.
2) I pair my stereo BT headset to my Archos and hear music on my deadset while also being able to control the playback (pause/play next/prev track)

What I was hoping to do using SoundAbout was a third option: keep the sound coming through my receiver, while controlling the playback with the headset.
The problem: once I run SoundAbout in setup (1) (without the BT headset in the picture yet) the of the receiver is immediately turned off, and I can't seem to be able to work again.

Is the setup I'm looking for possible?
What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks,
Ofer

endgame

Back to top Go down

No sound through HDMI when SoundAbout runs Empty Re: No sound through HDMI when SoundAbout runs

Post by SoundAbout Mon May 13, 2013 11:36 pm

1) The Archos is hooked to my receiver through mini HDMI cable and I hear music through the receiver.

Are you doing this with, or without SoundAbout? Are you saying that, when you run SoundAbout, the audio stops coming from the receiver?

Is the SoundAbout Media audio setting on "Aux Digital (HDMI)"?

SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

No sound through HDMI when SoundAbout runs Empty Re: No sound through HDMI when SoundAbout runs

Post by endgame Tue May 14, 2013 3:37 am

Wow, thanks for the quick reply.
Yes, this is exactly what I'm saying.
Before installing SoundAbout, the audio came out of the HDMI to the receiver without a problem. Once I've installed SoundAbout, I wasn't able to get the Audio out of the HDMI, only through the built-in speaker or through the 3.5" jack. All my attempts to play around with the settings didn't help. When I (naturally) chose "Aux Digital (HDMI)" I got the message: "Please plug phone into Aux Digital (HDMI) device with correct cable for this settings".
BTW, if I chose speakers for example, the sound is no longer forwarded to the headset and is heard through the speakers as expected, however, I lose the ability to control the music through the BT headset.

Please let me know if I can provide any more information.
Oer

endgame

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Thu May 16, 2013 5:45 pm

Can you try the Beta version here and see if it lets you choose Aux Digital HDMI without popping up the message to try and force the setting:

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/t40-beta-version-2494
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by endgame Fri May 17, 2013 4:51 pm

When I use the beta version that you've suggested I'm able to redirect the sound to the HDMI successfully Very Happy
The problem is while the "Skip Next" and "Skip Previous" buttons work when SoundAbout is activated, the most important button - the Pause/Play button - ceases to function (it worked nicely before I launched SoundAbout).

Progress is being made,
Thanks,
Ofer

endgame

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Sat May 18, 2013 1:34 am

That is odd. I don't really process any media button events in the app.

You are sending audio through HDMI, but you are using the media buttons on which device? Are the buttons on a Bluetooth headset?
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by endgame Sat May 18, 2013 6:08 am

Yes, this was my intent, use the BT headset as a remote while still listening to the music through HDMI.
When SoundAbout isn't yet launched I hear the music through my BT headset and all my BT headset buttons work without a problem.
When I launch SoundAbout everything still works as expected.
Upon changing the settings in SoundAbout (redirect the media sound to HDMI) the pause/play button on my BT headset ceases to respond.

endgame

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundAbout Tue May 28, 2013 10:46 pm

Since Bluetooth media is the default media output, it must be switched off when HDMI audio is being used, otherwise the audio would go to the Bluetooth device. This is why the Bluetooth audio controls no longer work. The same thing happens when I set media audio to "Wired Headphones". I hit the button on my connected Bluetooth headset, but the audio is no affected unless the Bluetooth device is receiving the audio output.
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by endgame Thu May 30, 2013 4:50 am

So that means curtains on my wishes? Is there a way to full Android to think that my BT headset is actually a BT keyboard (where this functionality is possible?)

endgame

Back to top Go down

Post by wary Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:40 pm

I'd actually like to know the answer for this as well but instead for USB audio. My phone works perfect for USB audio. Samsung s3 JB but I have a Bluetooth remote/3.5mm output that I would just like to use as a remote. It all falls under "use for media audio". As OP I'd like to separate Bluetooth remote control and USB audio.

wary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down