SoundAbout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Utterance delay for Bluetooth Mono Dynamic

3 posters

Go down

Utterance delay for Bluetooth Mono Dynamic Empty Utterance delay for Bluetooth Mono Dynamic

Post by Mordorf Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:03 pm

Is it possible to have an utterance delay for bluetooth mono dynamic like there is in the TTS settings. The utterance delay has resolved the chopped speech in my cameralert app perfectly but it seems that my tomtom app uses the bluetooth mono dynamic setting and not the TTS so I often get the first word or two chopped off.

Mordorf

Back to top Go down

Utterance delay for Bluetooth Mono Dynamic Empty Re: Utterance delay for Bluetooth Mono Dynamic

Post by miixxii Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:21 pm

+1 I'm looking for this too

miixxii

Back to top Go down

Utterance delay for Bluetooth Mono Dynamic Empty Re: Utterance delay for Bluetooth Mono Dynamic

Post by SoundAbout Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:27 am

No. The only way to delay is to use Text-To-Speech.

SoundAbout can't delay/pause audio created by another app. It works with TTS, because another app will request text to be converted to audio. SoundAbout TTS receives this request, and switches the audio to the desired output (Bluetooth mono), and THEN sends the text to the REAL TTS engine which converts the text to audio.
When using Bluetooth mono (dynamic), another app plays the audio and SoundAbout can only respond (which could take a second or two for Bluetooth to connect).
SoundAbout
SoundAbout
Admin

https://soundabout.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by miixxii Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:52 am

Thanx for your replay. It's really good to have explanation.

miixxii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down